Hopper && Spawner makes lag!

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by Gober, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Okay, so I had a server running 13 player, it has a unstable TPS 12 - 19. I tought for second that my server has alot of hoppers & spawners running. So I need help anybody that know, is there a possible way to optimize spawner & hoppers?

*ps: i used mergedmob plugin, optimized spigot, bukkit, paper.yml"

Any help appreciated :)

2. can you send timings?

3. Timings is fine, I just wonder if there is a way to make spawner & hopper to be more efficient. (e.g: transport pipes to replace hoppers, etc)

The problem is I didnt find the way.

4. i will pm you with a posible solution

• Like Like x 1
  5. Using water to transport items can help a lot, there was also a thing with plains a furnace above the hopper. For the spawners, just make them spawn mobs less frequently. Hope that this fixes the problem.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. That won't work. Spawners and hoppers are ticked, this means that every tick they are checked code-wise so decreasing spawn rate won't change much. Not sure what you should do, maybe a spawner stacking plugin and/or a crophopper-mobhopper plugin (Check my resourcs) (Shameless self ad)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. How many hoppers / spawners are you talking about? Maybe you should just upgrade your server.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Use tacospigot optmizes hoppers by 80% and/or use a crophopper plugin

9. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

@Gober: You should really provide a timings report. Without that all we can do is guess at what really is the cause for your problem...

• Agree Agree x 2