Host Questions.

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by CaiZhiYong, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Are there any hosting services out there that increase your CPU allocation the larger your plan is that is under a $2/gb price point [Except deluxenode]. I need one that has a North America Server. Thanks!

2. No.
    2$/GB is overselling, aka putting too many servers on a physical machine. First person to use the resources gets the resources (incl cpu). No one overselling will care enough to equally distribute, thats what more expensive hosts are for.

In short: you get what you pay for if you go for cheap.

3. MikeA

Retired Supporter

Minecraft hosts are mostly already fair share full CPU, there are no limits unless the host specifically puts limits in place.

4. As far as i know, most hosts have the same cpu allocation for different ram counts. and @simgar98 I agree, but really have no choice atm [tight on budget].
    Anyways thanks! Would have wanted to get a VPS, but not 18 yet >.<

5. You don't have to be 18 to get a VPS, but I don't know where you'd get one for less than $2/GB. A lot of providers would be losing money or barely breaking even at that price point.

6. Yep, Wanted to get an ovh one, but yknow... 18+ req

7. Ask someone adult?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Well, anvilnode.com IS $2/gb. High-Quality servers and North American Locations.