Host Review - ScalaCube

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Compilable, May 19, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    Hello everyone;

ScalaCube is a new hosting company, focused only on Minecraft, and has so much features and stuff than you can imagine. I've recently (about a month ago), purchased a 1.5 GB VPS from them, and here's my review about this hosting company.

Advantages
    • ScalaCube has it's own panel, yes, it's own panel. You can literally manage everything from it; like installing a teamspeak server, to upgrading/lowering your java version, configure your MySQL server, and all that without the use of putty or any other SSH clients, a website and a fully custom store! (keep in mind that they do offer SSH if you'd like an extension that isn't there).
    • An affiliate program.
    • They currently offer amazing prices! (Check here)
    • Instant setups for anything you want! (BuildBattle, Creative, Survival, Factions; everything pre-configured!)
    • They offer a website AND a forum when you buy a vps from them.
    • Their own custom store.
    • DDOS protection.
    • Amazing support; they reply within hours, even minutes!
    • Free teamspeak server.
    • 24/7 up time.
    • No lag whatsoever.
    This is what they actually state when you buy those stuff, once i bought them; the server was flawless. It was just amazing. I had some IP issues after i bought a dedicated IP from them, i contacted support and i had a response within minutes. The panel was easy to work with, and you can see them below:

Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_8.png

What i get as a ping; do keep in mind that it's hosted in the United States / Europe (Europe my case), and i live in Asia; and i get this ping:

Screenshot_9.png

Disadvantages
    • A dedicated ip from them costs 5$ (keep in mind that you will be given an ip with ports).
    • The only available OS is Ubuntu.
    • If you buy a domain from them, it will be the double (like .net costs 21$ instead of 13/12)
    • Once you buy a VPS, it needs at least 2, 3 to 4 hours to be configured.
    Once bought, i had no idea that what i stated above were correct, i waited 4 hours till the VPS got activated; and once it got activated, i've enter the panel and saw that i had no dedicated IP address.

This is my review, i would give it a 8.5/10 and would recommend to anyone to buy from them.

@ScalaCube

#1 Compilable, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. This seems like a really biased review. You don't really come with other than what is on their website.

3. This isn't much of a review imo. You haven't given anything more than just a list of features and limitations. You've not reported any tests or how the servers perform.

4. As they're a new host, i've got what they said. Some people do not trust 'new' hosts and see them as scam. This is just a review to introduce people to this new host, and confirm it's not scam.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. That's not a review then... You're just telling people that they'll get something in return for money.

6. You can actually consider this as a review; as i've told you above it's a fairly new host and some people do not want to spend money and not think they'll get something in return. I've reviewed what happened AFTER i purchased;

7. See thats what I just said.
    You have not put any of your own input into the information so no. This is not a review.

EDIT: A review goes something like this.

I like their custom panel because it made it so I didn't have to use this this and this, because I (see the I or WE, is very important in a review) hate using multiple programs yaddah yaddah.

Not "ScalaCube has it's own panel, yes, it's own panel. You can literally manage everything from it; like installing a teamspeak server, to upgrading/lowering your java version, configure your MySQL server, and all that without the use of putty or any other SSH clients, a website and a fully custom store! (keep in mind that they do offer SSH if you'd like an extension that isn't there)." this sounds like youre selling me it

8. As @Hachach say's above you've not given any input still. All you've still said is information on their website. A review usually contains something that will assure another user that their money would be well spent, which you're not (at least for me).

You say they give you SSH access, run tests, see what drives they have and what speed, what CPU they allocate, benchmarks etc. You say you get a free website/store, do they work, are they good templates, can you fully customise them? This is the sort of information that would make it a review.

9. I did actually, read the above post with clarification of what happend after i purchased. They do not state that the VPS needs some time to activate; so does the dedicated ip address. Well; if you'd want my own input, there's nothing except that i got what i received; me and all my staff members (including @JosephGP , @TheTARDIS , @camden ) have great connection towards the server, and really never lags.

10. If that is so you say: I really enjoyed the fact that the internet conenction was flawless. Or I have not experienced any issues with the connections which makes this a really good option for me.

EDIT: this is how you review. You don't just state facts. You say why it was so good for you.

11. Alright, thank you. As it's my first time reviewing anything; i've edited my OP post. Thank you very much.

12. I Can say that I get brilliant ping to the server, most I've had to it being ~200ms, which is rather good for overseas connection. The Server very rarely lags, if it does, it's more than likely me over-using world edit. I haven't had much back-end experience with it, but the website setup is a rather simple procedure to complete and is easy to manage. Overall, we've had minimal downtime, the only time we've been offline is when we're restarting the server to swap server jars.

That's all I can input on the System so far.

13. Well no problem.

14. How far overseas? Where's the server and where are you located? Just wondering cause 200ms is still high unless you have a server in the US and you're connecting from Asia.

15. That is of course dependant of his internet connection. I am from Denmark. and when connecting to a US server I get around 170ms. My internet connection is 50/50Mbit

• Like Like x 1
  16. I usually get around 100ms ping to a US server, I'm in the UK and have 20/1Mbit internet (Yeah it's horrible xD) He could just have bad connection on his end but I just felt like 200ms was still quite high.

17. Yea, I used to have a 6/2mbit connection and still be able to play with around 240ms, on US servers.

18. JamesJ

Supporter

How can it be a VPS if you don't get root access and it comes with game servers pre-installed...?

19. According to their site you do get root access, whether that's true or not I don't know.

20. You can choose to install them, or just go with the normal spigot;
    Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_11.png