Host Review - ScalaCube

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Compilable, May 19, 2016.

1. The server is West coast US based as far as I'm aware and I'm Southampton based. My usual ping to American servers are ~160ms ping, which I find good... I mean, I've had 1,000 ms ping to servers before.

2. Foxvific

Supporter

Bungee servers require less than 1GB RAM. You can rent a small VPS to run it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why do you guys like to hate for? Did he hurt your small priority feelings? xD, it's a review to me :)

4. Has anyone used scalacube miniserver? I installed their defaut install which came with their bungee cord then hub and then each server.
    When you go to the HUB it has a compass for navigation to each of the servers. The problem i have is that every game is listed in this Game Menu. I do not see any plugins for this to look for the config file to remove unwanted names of servers that are not installed.

Their Support is reallly hit and miss with help and that depends on how long it takes for a reply so i figure i would try here.

Im trying to find the config file for their Game menu. it has to pull the info from somewhere but where?

5. The mini games do not have a configuration, they're hard coded in the .jar

6. Thanks for the reply
    So the compass menu that pops up with the server selection for the minigames is all in the jar ?
    the setup is basically
    BungeeCord
    Hub
    and separate servers for each mini game

Guess i was figuring the menu compass was reading some sort of config file which i could not find
    anyway thank you for the reply
    faster then the hosting provider

7. Just bought one if their American servers, let's see what happens

8. They are bad they scam $35 from me

9. Do you mind sharing proof of it?

10. I've been using their service for over s year now, they haven't scammed a single $ from me.

11. I ended up going with them as well. have had them for over a month now. after the first 3 days, the server would not start for 3 hours, it was resolved by itself and i was kind of worried. yesterday, their entiere site went down, we where kicked from the server, but 2-3 minutes later we where up and running again. these are the only two days with issues we have had in over a month, seems to be running good.

They can be a tad slow on support tickets, anything from 2-3 hours til the next day answers from them. but stable.

12. Ok well i got my server back and they have not repley to me in about 4+ days they are good but the support tickets are slow

13. hello scalacube i bought a server yesterday but it doesn't work how can i get my mony back?

14. They are the worst
    I have been with shockbyte for the past 7 months with no issues and prices are not bad

15. They are the worst. right now i am on Wulfhosting but when i get enough money i am going to switch to pebblehosting 1/g

16. It almost seems like you own this company.

17. what company i wish i owned a company but i don't have that much money.

18. Updated review of Scalacube:
    Now before I start this review I would like to say that I have used Scalacube for a very long time, as a fact I have used them since late 2016 until early 2018. For the time as a used them, I have dismissed their issues as a service like there support being bad and hoping over time as they get more experienced they would fix this problem. But no they never did and when you ask support, it seems like you are talking to a robot and all the messages are premade in notepad. But no it gets much worse them a host you expect them to you know to host a server and have it never go down right and if it goes down give a notice. Yet no we too cheap to even do that and I sware my server went down one time every month and it was not hours it was days or one time even a week. But when I try to contact support they get back in a week saying it working fine even tho it was down for a week. Like if they were blindfolded as the server room was burning down. Now as I end this review even tho this thread is old I would like to give input as me using them was so bad that some would call it a scam and my old comments are misleading to what this service really is.

NOTE: as me making this I have removed my old comments for being misleading.

Personal Opinion (I am not sponsored by RamShard!)
    Now if you are looking for a good low-cost host from my testing of one month RamShard seems to be a good host for a cheap price.

If you want more reviews and just not my review there are a number of people not happy with Scalacube on trust plot and I will have links below.
    https://www.trustpilot.com/review/scalacube.com?
    https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ramshard.com
    Proof of using their service since 2016

Attached Files:

19. Hey. I found a copy of this hosting, only in Russian. His very-very bad hosting

• Like Like x 1