Hosting for a single server (+ possibly a website)

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by Kopsukka, Sep 14, 2016.

1. I'm planning to have at least 100 players.
    Hosting in Europe would be nice.
    The server is skywars with luckyblocks.

So yeah, I'm considering between SYS-IP-1S, E3-SAT-1, E3-SAT-3 and E3-SSD-2

That E3 CPU would be really nice, but I just can't decide which one I should take. Okay, SYS-IP-1S' only perk is the SSD. I could get a HDD server (E3-SAT-1) with an E3 4c/4t processor for the same price. E3-SSD-2 has the same processor as the E3-SAT-1, but it also has an SSD. However, E3-SAT-3 would have 4c/8t with a HDD.

Which one of these would be best for me?

#1 Kopsukka, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Know how to manage servers with Linux?
    > OVH

3. I've managed servers with Linux before. However, I'm pretty sure that OVH doesn't allow 14 year olds to buy a VPS.

4. Well, I was 14 when I got my VPS, neither do I see it in their policies, maybe for the dedicated servers.

5. Try out the link in my sign it's not a vps but it's actually a nice and easy host with good DDOS protection

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hey,

I recommend www.DreamNode.net - I host my server with these guys, they're located in France so perfect for EU players :)

7. I personally host at Hetzner, a german hosting provider for a 33€ Rootserver.
    My root has 24GB Ram and some terabytes of storage :)

But for your needs, i would try contabo out, because you get a free premium domain, and a great server to start with!

Good luck with you Server! ;)

8. Contabo's prices seem really good. Might try those out.

9. I wouldn't recommend a Virtual Private Server or what you plan to do, rather yet you should look into budget dedicated servers. I have used DediSpec and would recommend them. But they do have old hardware, but the CPU's would probably 4 times faster than an ovh vps ;) Also maybe KimSufi, but you seem to be, put off by the age terms :p

10. Meh, it's located in America.

Also, I'm trying to stay away from Kimsufi as almost all of their servers are HDD.

-- EDIT --

Would a SYS-IP-1S be worth it?
    I know that there's the age problem once again, but yeah. I might get my parents to do it or something.

11. Okay I'll just post again, sorry. :p

So yeah, I'm considering between SYS-IP-1S, E3-SAT-1, E3-SAT-3 and E3-SSD-2

That E3 CPU would be really nice, but I just can't decide which one I should take. Okay, SYS-IP-1S' only perk is the SSD. I could get a HDD server (E3-SAT-1) with an E3 4c/4t processor for the same price. E3-SSD-2 has the same processor as the E3-SAT-1, but it also has an SSD. However, E3-SAT-3 would have 4c/8t with a HDD.

Which one of these would be best for me?

12. It's straying from what you want, but I would recommend Fluctis to anyone. If your main interest is hosting a single server, then a shared-host can be a really good bargain. I can say from experience Fluctis has great customer service and generally has really low prices.

I have also tried plox host and would mostly recommend them if youre looking to get a really cheap server.

Just throwing an alternative out there thats all ;)