Hosting issue + Multi servers inside of 1 server

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by FireFox1979, May 22, 2017.

1. hi I’m trying on figuring out a way to have 12 servers but running on 1 CMD/terminal.

i have a hosting network but it cant support bungeecord so i have to improvise.
    by the way the servers are.
    HUB
    HUB2
    Factions
    Hard Factions
    Op Prison
    Kitpvp
    Practice
    Mini Games
    Skyblock
    SkyWars
    and a few others.

\
    but i cant use multi universe as a separate server because theres multiple servers that have the use of a certain plugin and they would overlap
    + inventories
    + warps
    + ranks
    + commands
    + basically everything

i would love for some suggestions about help.

2. Gaxan

Supporter

What are you hosting on? VPS, Dedicated, Home or shared?
    Why can't you use bungee?

3. its hosthorde currently either trying to get a way around it or find a better host

4. Gaxan

Supporter

You won't find any hosting company that allows that.
    Unless you use multiverse, it's not possible. You would need a port for each server.

5. Gianluca

Gianluca Retired Resource Staff
    Retired Patron

If you're on a single shared server, you won't be able to achieve this without hacky plugins like Multiverse and PerWorldPlugins.

It's better to get a dedi or a VPS, and install Multicraft if you need it, and do it all from there.

Unless you buy multiple shared servers and use 1 for Bungee, etc. But, doing this will result in you needing to use plugins to secure your servers from spoofed logins.

6. It's probably a good idea to get a VPS or a dedi for it. If your starting like a low budget, try Kimsufi or SoYouStart, just the hardware is sorta limited depending on your budget.

7. I once tried to create a full fledged network on a single "server" just to see what it would become performance wise.

I had the generic factions, survival, skyblock and kit pvp.

Not only was it monstrously impossible for a large amount of reasons, it was also very very CPU intensive.

I highly recommend you don't try this, or you're looking into hours of wasted time trying to fix what cannot be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ok thanks for the help all i need now is if yous can give me any reliable server hostings for starter thats not a rip off + no lag + anti ddos

9. Gaxan

Supporter

10. ok thx gaxan taken into consideration!