Hosting Website + Small Network and TeamSpeak

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by xSinclare, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys. Would I be able to do all that with these server specifications? Our place is probably going to be around 50-70 at most for a bit.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2670
    Cores/Threads: 16c/32t
    Freq: 2.66GHz/3.3GHz Turbo
    RAM: 32GB DDR3
    Disk: 480GB SSD

#1 xSinclare, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  2. I feel as if you would be able to do what you are needing it for, but how much Bandwidth are you going to have? I recommend having fiber opticts for less player lag on connection wise. Your server specification seems fine and looks as if you are going to be able to operate a quality performanced server, but another main contributing factor is connection.

3. roses are red
    clowns are near
    we would be safe
    if Harambe was here :'(

4. This is insanely offtopic...

5. That's good to hear spec-wise. I will ask my partner about information for the bandwidth and get back to about that. I am assuming though that our bandwidth is pretty decent as we pay a pretty decent amount of money with a good hosting company.

6. Okay

Making my first post I was unaware if you were privately hosting a physical server to run your Minecraft server or if you were renting a machine server from a hosting company. If it's through a hosting company and you pay a decent good amount for the rent then you should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alright sweet. Thank you for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.