How are the BuildData mappings generated?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Komp, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

Administrator Developer

Magic

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. That's not really helpful .-.

3. Maximvdw

Benefactor

There is a chance that mojang may provided them (however if they did, they did not provided them all). But I guess for now...
    [​IMG]

4. SpecialSource is what uses the mappings – I'm interested in what creates them.

It's entirely possible that Mojang is providing them as it'd be quite a task to get them out fast manually.

5. I'm no expert, but if I had to guess, I would say that it's the pail comments that you need to make whenever you reference an obfuscated method in CB (If you're implementing an API change) They're a part of it at least

6. Searge works on MCP and Minecraft itself, so it looks like these mappings being created from MCP releases.

EDIT: They're probably generated from CSV releases at http://export.mcpbot.bspk.rs/

7. md_5

Administrator Developer

You're not gonna get a good answer to this because only two people know the whole process, and the tools we have written are our "special sauce".

I do think however it is important not to trivialize the update process as some (especially on Reddit) seem to do. Yeah 1.10 was released after ~5 hours work.... but I did spend 15 hours last week on 1.10-pre1..... Same goes for 1.9..... except for the 200 hours the team spent between August and February.

• Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.