How are the new 1.6.2 builds working out?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Intangir, Aug 2, 2013.

1. i notice the builds on bukkit.org are few and far between, im taking that to mean they are semi stable

there are so many major differences between bukkit and spigot now, for one thing the monster behavior on default bukkit is crazy now that im used to spigot's..

how are the spigot builds looking since 1.6.2? is anyone having good success with a build?
    i notice alot of builds of spigot all the time including alot of red ones.. makes me nervous about trying them out

2. Dmck2b

Services Staff

Seeming fine for me, with the exception of the zombie AI bug. Had to disable them.

3. whats the zombie AI bug

4. You disbled the AI from the code or there's a new option in the Spigot config?

5. Dmck2b

Services Staff

I run multiverse on my main server, so I was able to disable it through there.

If you have essentials protect installed, you can do it through that as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't like essentials, too much stuff i don't need. But i use multiverse! So i'll see from there, thanks!

7. Dmck2b

Services Staff

Head over to the world.yml and edit the spawning section to look like this.

monsters:
    ==: MVSpawnSubSettings
    spawn: 'true'
    spawnrate: '-1'
    exceptions:
    - zombie

8. But that won't disable all the zombie spawn? Or all the mob spawning at all? (The -1 i see there it's kinda suspicious)

9. Dmck2b

Services Staff

It will disable all zombie spawns within the defined world. The -1 was in the default config, I rarely edit them unless I need to manage some things, such as that zombie spawn.

Sadly, afaik, there's no way to disable their AI to change it to a different mob that's public. Think I know a method, but I haven't coded in over a year and I'm putting off getting into it again.

10. Dang, yep, it's a shame =/. I'll look into it when i've time, if i find a way to do it you will know (but it's more probable that md5 makes a fix before this haha, i'm sticking with 1.5.2 for now with no intentions to update).

11. I still have mixed feelings about these, no problems with zombies thus far. But sometimes the server randomly crashes, no report or logmessage. And then it runs just fine for days.

• Like Like x 1