How are these animations made?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by 112madgamer, May 27, 2017.

1. I am really interested into how these animations are made. Are they using armor stands to move them? Or is it using custom packets? Is this a thing that can only be done in 1.8?

1. How is this item animated?
    [​IMG]

2. How is the chest animated. What is used when it is placed it raise it?
    [​IMG]

2. using armorstands that have some fancy custom euler angle 's ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. What about the second when I spawn a armor stand with a ender chest head its tiny why is theirs so big?

4. Falling sand blocks that aren't actually falling or armour stand wearing blocks

• Like Like x 1
  5. I believe the ender chest is on an armor stand and is then later set as an actual block. This is why it looks small in the beginning and larger once the animation is completed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. The plugin it self is possible to make. I will explain how it's made, hope fully you can understand it.

If a player right clicks with an ender chest, check player's tool name , if its name is "crate", remove it from player and proceed to spawn armor stand with invisible tag, and have an ender chest equipped on its head, move it up few blocks in front of player, then rotate the head, all four directions (north, south, east, and west). once it lands on west or last animation of choice, or of player's direction, place an ender chest at the armor stand.
    Open chest animation on the ender chest. and display the items from like a yaml config or something with a chance of gaining one.

I have a website though it is vanilla armor stand generator. http://haselkern.com/Minecraft-ArmorStand/ or https://mrgarretto.com/armorstand

#6 Kaneki1337, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thankyou this is all very helpful in understanding how this is done.

8. I know I am kinda digging up a old thread but can somebody link some resources to animating / moving armor stands?

9. I am unsure how to move armor stands all things I have tried have failed some resources would help.

10. #11 HeroVerseWizard, May 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Thankyou will take a look :)

12. #13 chris_, May 27, 2017