1.8.8 How can I generate a pre built structure?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by CodingCyClone, Jul 7, 2021.

1. I need to be able to generate a pre built structure at specific coordinates. With this being said do you think world edit is a good solution for this since I can save pre built schematics and then load them in? If this is a good solution how exactly can I use world edit in my code to build a saved structure? Lastly, is it possible to implement a system similar to what is talked about in the resource bellow to spread out the workload across ticks in order to reduce lag which occurs when using world edit to spawn in large structures?
    https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/gu...-how-to-handle-heavy-splittable-tasks.409003/

2. joehot200

Supporter

Use schematics, then use WorldEdit's API to load those schematics at a certain point.

I'm not sure if this would support async calculations with WorldEdit by default though. Depending on the size of the structure you could probably do it sync.

3. Do you have a link to WorldEdits API? Also the structure is fairly large which means I will need to spread out the load across multiple ticks is this possible with WorldEdit?