How can I improve my premium resource?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by craterhater, Dec 4, 2019 at 8:37 PM.

1. Hey,

A few months ago I uploaded my largest project yet called Micro Wars. You may have seen it pop up on the resource page. It's been doing alright so far but I had honestly hoped for a little more in terms of user engagement with the resource as well as sales. I have already uploaded a major update to it and I am in the final stages of the second major update.

In short, the plugin is a Real Time Strategy or RTS game in Minecraft similar to games such as Red Alert and Starcraft. It uses a custom resource pack to add all sorts of models.

If anyone has the time and wants to help me out please go to the plugin page and scan through it. What makes you interested in the plugin? What turns you away from it? Why would you consider buying it / what makes you not want to buy it? I would really appreciate any help you can give me!

Here's the link: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/micro-wars-unique-strategy-game.72250/

Thanks.

2. It looks really cool, and I like that you made something unique. One problem could be that it is unique and I don’t know if it’s fun to play or not until I play it. And if I’m not confident in that, I’m not sure I want to spend money on the plugin.

Having a test server could help, giving people the opportunity to try it out before having to buy it. Videos and tutorials don’t do it for me, personally I’d like to try it out.

Marketing your plugin is important no matter how good it is, you could do this by getting a youtuber to make a video on it or getting more servers to use it.

I’d love to try it out! But those are my thoughts from taking a look at your plugin page.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thank you. I'll consider setting up a testing server.

4. Strahan

Benefactor

Looks neat. It was interesting looking enough that I bought it, lol.

My main suggestion is that the gameplay video sucks lol. No offense. What I mean is it's simply you playing the game, and you know exactly what you're doing and doing it quickly. You should get a mic and narrate. Also go slower, explaining what you are doing and why. If I didn't have RTS experience already to make me familiar with basic concepts, I'd have no freaking clue what the hell was going on. Also your PC apparently lagged a bit at one point, try to record the demo on a better box if possible.

Ultimately, it's the gameplay video that really sells the plugin. It did in my case at least, heh, so it should be as good as possible.

5. Oh, thanks for buying :). Thanks for your feedback! I'll try and improve the gameplay video.

6. I actually looked at that plugin last week, found it very interesting but one of my concerns that didn't get addressed on the Spigot page was performance, would be nice if you could provide examples of like large scale battles, timings reports during use etc... especially given the resource is for 1.14 and we all know how bad 1.14 servers perform on their own, never mind with all that going on.

• Useful Useful x 1