How can you change commands?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by TidalwaveJaycee, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Hello! I know I recently just made a thread here, but I'd like to make one again. I read a thread and someone said that having the command /is create was obvious they were using the plugin ASkyblock. I honestly want my server to look professional, so that's why I'm asking. Sorry if it's really obvious how!

2. Hello.
    If you want to change the ASkyBlock commands you can either make your own version of the plugin with the source code on their website
    [​IMG]

Otherwise, you could prob just change the messages & they will look professional if you set it up well.

If this is not what you are on about. Please explain in more details

3. You can also set up a alias for the command as well.

4. There are lots of plugins useful to setup command aliases, like MyCommand

5. I personally use this. Also, there is no reason to keep apologizing. Everyone has to start learning somewhere, and this community is the best place to do it.

6. Thanks so much! I'll try these out later.

7. Strahan

Benefactor

This would be way easier and better in the long run than trying to modify the plugin itself.

8. You can make a command alias using the built in commands.yml. If you want everything /is does on another command you can assign an alias to that said command.

It's not that hard, I've done it myself since /r doesn't work on my server, I made it so when you type /r it would actually run /reply.

In your case, you can make /skyblock run the command /is, your players wont see the difference or that they're actually running /is at all.

Read more here: https://bukkit.gamepedia.com/Commands.yml

9. Benz56

Moderator Supporter

Going a little off topic.

If you are running a Skyblock server I would personally advise against changing the most basic command to something else. When I join a Skyblock server I know which commands regarding Skyblock does what and it might throw people a bit off if they have to figure out the new commands and potentially result in them leaving.

You can, as mentioned, make your server look professional by changing the style of the messages or change what they say.

Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Hello! I don't fully run just a skyblock server, as I know that many other servers have skyblock. Thanks for your feedback, however! I'll be sure not to fully change them.