How do I disable spigot outdated message?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Erezbiox1, May 25, 2017.

1. When developing, and I need to rerun spigot every a couple of seconds to test something, this is very annoying,
    A build comes out every a couple of days, and it's really fucking annoying, especially now when I am forced to move to 1.12.
    Is there a way to disable that shit? like in the config? not decompiling and removing...
    @md_5 please make this configurable. please?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. And please don't tell me, "it's there for a reason", IT DOES WORK, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE SMALL LITTLE BUGS

3. I don't think you can do that. But it would be nice if this feature was added, because that message really is annoying!

4. Include
    Code (Text):
    -jar -DIknowWhatImDoingISwear
    as a flag in your start.sh

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Oh, i didn't know that. Well - you learn something new every day. :)

6. This would be about the 25th thread asking about this in the last week. Search first?

The message is there simply to let you know that 1.12 is coming, and that 1.12 builds are now officially the dev builds. No one is forcing you to update.

It is possible to disable the message, but the setting property is hidden for a reason indeed - it's not up to the server owner to decide what builds are current, unless they are 3+ weeks old.

7. Isn't that a JVM argument and thus would have to before the -jar ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yes it definitely is, a correct start command would be
    Code (Text):
    java -DIReallyKnowWhatIAmDoingISwear -jar spigot-1.12-pre5.jar
    is syntactically wrong and will just throw a MissingResourceException even if you add the jar name.

9. Doesn't work =(

10. You guys are mean :(

11. I think the flag is -DIReallyKnowWhatIAmDoingISwear

So:
    Code (Text):
    java -DIReallyKnowWhatIAmDoingISwear -jar spigot-1.11.2.jar

• Winner Winner x 4
  12. Just by looking at it you can tell it's fake, that's where the class \ jar goes :( application or jvm arguments go in the end

13. electronicboy

IRC Staff

It's not fake... It's a system properly, system properties are passed directly to java itself.
    Are you sure that you really know what you're doing?

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. That actually worked wtf? xD

• Like Like x 3
  15. electronicboy

IRC Staff

spigot added a system properly to disable the message for cases where you actually can't update. General case of, if you're using that flag, you should actually know what you're doing and not expect any help for bugs or come to us with issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Glad it's in, I just thought it was a weird prank or something. But thankfully it isnt

• Agree Agree x 1