how do i make a skript that sends a message to the player without useing /message

Discussion in 'Skript' started by o6savage, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Im trying to make a /help gui but I don't know how to send text

command /help:
    aliases: /h
    trigger:
    open chest with 1 row named "&cHelp GUI" to player
    wait 1 tick
    format slot 0 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 1 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 2 of player with book named "&c&lCustom Enchnats" to be unstealable
    format slot 3 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 4 of player with tnt named "&c&lHow To Play" send "How to play" to %player%
    format slot 5 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 6 of player with diamond sword named "&c&lKits" to be unstealable
    format slot 7 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 8 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable

2. Command "/help":
    trigger:
    format slot 0 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 1 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 2 of player with book named "&c&lCustom Enchnats" to be unstealable
    format slot 3 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 4 of player with tnt named "&c&lHow To Play" send "How to play" to %player%
    format slot 5 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 6 of player with diamond sword named "&c&lKits" to be unstealable
    format slot 7 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    format slot 8 of player with black stained glass pane named "&7" to be unstealable
    send "&6&lMessage&8 / &fHey, this is your message"

3. I recommend not to use format slot, use vanilla (set slot & on inventory click) combo instead, because format slot is slow and buggy

4. when i use set slot the items become stealable so i have to use format to make unstealable

5. Please check what actually works with Skript before giving incorrect answers.

You probably need to set your slots as following:
    Code (Text):
    format slot 4 of player with tnt named "&c&lHow To Play"  to run "command here"
    Then you need to make seperate command on your skript that will show them the message.

Code (Text):
    command /howtoplay <text>:
      executable by: console
      trigger:
        set {_player} to arg parsed as player
        message "your message here" to {_player}
    I encourage you to read some basic stuff on Skripting here https://docs.skunity.com

6. the code i sent, is working. i even tested this and it does.
    but i am thinking maybe the OP is asking for a message to be sent from a certain icon u click? if that is the case then yes my code is wrong.