how do i update my spigot server to the latest version?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Mseres, Jun 14, 2016.

1. title says it all

2. Don't forget to mark this thread as "solved" if you found out how to do this ;)

3. Just run java -jar BuildTools.jar from git bash, auto update.

You also get the decompiled/source files, which is very useful.

4. I don't understand...

5. Downloading spigot is illegal.
    You have to compile it with buildtools, with is a very simple commandline program that updates the jar and also downloads all the source files as a result. (useful for developers).

<snip, wrong link>
    https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/buildtools/

6. So
    I'm confused how I do it though... And where I put it

7. @Mseres, just download BuildTools and put it in a new folder. Than open up a git bash and type java -jar BuildTools.jar

8. Are you hosting it or do you have a host?

9. All of you are wrong. If the OP wants the latest version, he needs to download BuildTools, put it in a new folder, open git bash and type "java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.10"

10. It is all explained here: https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/buildtools-updates-information.42865/

Snip from the link above.

11. Your git window is in the wrong directory. The best way to get it to the correct directory is to right click inside the folder and click "Git Bash Here" and it will open in the correct directory.

12. I got the latest build but it's 1.9.4.... Where can I find 1.10?

13. To get 1.10 do the exact same command, but add --rev 1.10 onto the end of. Becomes this:
    java -jar BuildTools.jar --rev 1.10

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. i already ran java -jar Buildtools.jar, should i cancel it since its taking awhile and run that instead?

15. Yeah, if you don't want 1.9 than you should

16. you said in a seperate folder but shouldn't it be in the same folder as my server files?