How do you allow players to connect straight to a bungee server?

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Help' started by bludsprae, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Hello, I have seen servers where they allow the players to connect straight to a certain server instead of going through the hub. I was wondering how could I do that without people being able to log in with cracked accounts.

EX: brawl.com

You can connect to any of their servers using an ip like 1.mc-war.com etc.

I was wondering how I could setup bungee like that if anyone has any clue.

2. gzx

gzx

See forced-hosts in https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/bungeecord-configuration-guide/

3. @gzx I have never really messed with Dynamic DNS before. Do you think you can link me to a tutorial on how to do it with cPanel? I saw a namecheap tutorial but nothing for cPanel unless you can tell me what record it is

4. MiniDigger

Supporter

that has nothing todo with dynamic dns, its actually static dns :D
    just link your second domain to your server, just like you did with your primary domain and then configure the forced host in bungee.

5. @MiniDigger cant you only force host 1 server? I have like 3

6. MiniDigger

Supporter

the point of forced hosts is that you can send players right to the gamemode server when they connect with a special domain instead of going to the hub.
    lets say you have myserver.tld and a bunch of gamemodes.
    you setup myserver.tld to point at your bungee server and all players will always go to the hub.
    then you want to allow skypvp players to directly join the skypvp server. you setup a forced host for the domain skypvp.myserver.tld and send all players that join with that domain directly to the skypvp server.
    then you buy the domain skypvp.tld, point it at your bungee server and setup a forced host for the domain skypvp.tld to send all players that join that domain directly to the skypvp server.
    you can setup as many forced hosts as you like.

7. @MiniDigger Thank you for all the help very much appreciated. Do you have discord by any chance so if I have issues I can ask you for help? That'd be amazing. Thanks.

8. MiniDigger

Supporter

Just ask your questions on the forum or pop by in irc, that way you can get the fastest help possible.