How do you guys handle donations?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Outlaw11A, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Hey Spigot Community!

How do you guys process donations?

BuyCraft? Enjin? Community Piston? Custom script to handle them? Process them manually?

Let me know what you guys do...

Ideas/Thoughts/Comments...

2. I prefer enjin for donations as i find it easy to manage and links with servers very well.

3. jeff142

Benefactor

Donations, the PayPal donate button.
    Payments (items ranks) buycraft

4. Mikgreg

Supporter

I run everything through Buycraft, I also have to accept payments before the money is put in my paypal... I'm still growing from the bottom and dont want any chargebacks >.<

Not that anybody wants chargebacks...

5. Outlaw11A

Supporter

How do you do this accept thing? Thanks for the info.

6. Mikgreg

Supporter

I believe it's like that by default, I've never had to change any settings with my paypal since I got it

7. I thought the accept thing only appears when it's sent from a paypal to another paypal? :eek:

8. jeff142

Benefactor

Chargebacks are part of the game, everyone gets them.

9. Mikgreg

Supporter

I'm bound to get one at some point, I'd rather build myself up to the point where I'd be able to handle it though. Lol.

10. jeff142

Benefactor

How i do it, is don't use the money for 45 days, act like you never got it. Chargebacks can cripple you if you use the money

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

How often do you get them? 500 transactions and not one chargeback for me.

12. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

If you live in the US, are under 18, and don't have your PayPal registered as a child account under your parents, you're doing something illegal that can end with heavy fines. In other words, make sure you're legally running a minecraft server.

13. Mikgreg

Supporter

Will do o:

14. You are a very lucky person.

15. jeff142

Benefactor

Yes he is, I'd say 1 out of 25 get chargebacks

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

My server is more community based, it's not really pay to win either, so I very rarely get people donating soon after they join. Basically players pretty much never have a reason to submit a chargeback. Although yeah I would consider myself lucky as I have had a few people who donate, break the rules, get banned but not submit a chargeback when they could.

O_O

17. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

Buycraft with premium handles my donations.
    Recently added Paymentwall as it features an extensive list of prepaid options that are more suited to the 11-15 year old users.
    This means that they can actually go to the shop and get themselves a prepaid card using their own money, thus resulting in no ability to chargeback since its disposable credit.
    I've had some players from Singapore buy many Cherry Credits to use on our donation store as a result of this.

18. YoFuzzy3

Supporter

Does that also apply to Australia? I get a lot of young ones saying they'd like to donate but their parents won't let them.

19. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

There are payment methods for Oz yes :)
    I also think cherry credits are available too, they seem to be popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.