How do you make a second Prefix with deluxe chat

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by zmw123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I was wondering if theres a way to make a second prefixes with deluxe chat. What I want is something like [VIP] [A] how would I go on about doing something like this ?

2. you can make it easy with essentials if you are using it.

3. how do i do something like this i have been struggling.

4. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

essentials config:

change-displayname: true
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    permission ex config (or group manager):-

VipA:
    default: false
    permissions:
    - '*'
    options:
    prefix: '[VIP] [A] '

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. I use pex not group manager

6. /pex user username prefix "[A] [C] "

couldnt use [ B ] due to it being bold apparently on the forums XD

/pex group groupname prefix "[Same] [Thing] "

7. I need them to be unde
    I sent him a message that I was struggling on this and he never responded back my guess is that hes too busy to help with the plugin.

8. clip

Benefactor

There are literally tons of ways to make a second prefix with DeluxeChat. If you use EZRanksLite, you could use the rankprefix placeholder to show 1 prefix, then use the vault_groupprefix placeholder to show a second. If you wanted, you could even get a little crazy and make formats for each group with prefixes hardcoded in them:
    '
    Code (Text):
      A:
        priority: 4
        channel: ''
        prefix: '&8[&aA&8] %vault_groupprefix% '
        name_color: '&b'
        name: '%player%'
        suffix: '&7> '
        chat_color: '&f'
        channel_tooltip: []
        prefix_tooltip:
        - '%player%'
        - '&bRank: %vault_group%'
        name_tooltip:
        - '%player%'
        - '&bRank: %vault_group%'
        suffix_tooltip: []
        channel_click_command: /ranks
        prefix_click_command: /ranks
        name_click_command: '/msg %player% '
        suffix_click_command: ''
    It is really just how creative you want to be with it. There are literally thousands of variations and possibilities to make what you want happen work.

Just play with it is really the only thing I can tell you. I can't give advice on how you should setup your chat formatting for your server, only provide you the tools to do so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I did this but its showing my default group Newbie as [Newbie] [Newbie] as a prefix for people who are not under any group. What I want is it to do is only show a second prefix if another group is added to a player. for example lets say im a Newbie my prefix would just be [Newbie] then I want to buy a vip rank so When I buy a VIP rank it adds the prefix and group [VIP] so it would be [Newbie] [Vip] so each time the command /pex user group add is run what ever group is added will have that group added and the second prefix show for that group.

10. clip

Benefactor

Use DeluxeTags which will allow you to assign tags based on permissions. I am not entirely sure how you have everything setup but using DeluxeTags forcetag option should solve the issue of weights and group prefixes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I think a more easy way to way this can be done is for the suffix to show in front of the prefix so its like {Prefix} {Suffix} {Name} how would I change the format to display that way on Deluxechat. Then I can just give all the Donators and staff suffixes so when I add there group there suffix will show next to there prefix.

12. Now I need help with player that have multiple chat format permissions setting the priority for them. If anyone is good at setting this up please let me know so I can send you the code and you can have a look. Whats been happening is that some players second prefix does not show for them unless you OP them.

13. Hello Guys I Use Group Manager And Deluxe Chat !
    i Create 2 Group
    Code (Text):
      member:
        priority: 1
        prefix: '&4┝&aMember&4┥ '
        name_color: '&7'
        suffix: ' &c&l» '
        channel_tooltip:
        - ''
        prefix_tooltip:
        - '&bMember'
        name_tooltip:
        - ''
        suffix_tooltip:
        - ''
        channel_click_command: '[URL]http://www.google.com'
      vip:
        priority: 2147483646
        prefix: '&4┝&eVip&4┥ '
        name_color: '&7'
        suffix: ' &c&l» '
        channel_tooltip:
        - ''
        prefix_tooltip:
        - '&eVip'
        name_tooltip:
        - ''
        suffix_tooltip:
        - ''
        channel_click_command: '[URL]http://www.google.com'
    i give premssion chatformat.vip to vip rank by command /mangaddp vip chatformat.vip

but it dosen't chat like Vip help Me Thanks !

14. mathhulk

mathhulk Retired Moderator
    Retired

As this thread is over a year old, users that have posted on this thread will most likely not reply.
    If you would like to get current input from the community, it is suggested that you create a new thread instead of bumping one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.