How does transitshield work? And how can we re-create it for ourselves?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by flyingtacoz, Mar 30, 2013.

1. I was wondering if anyone knew exactly how transitshield works, and how can myself or anyone else re-create the service for only ourselves?
    (By ourselves, I mean by buying the materials to make it, but what materials?)

2. Well, for start you will need about $10,000+.

3. Why?

4. Because of all the machines and bandwidth you need

5. But how much machines and bandwidth would you need? I use up to 10TB's of bandwidth a month and am now getting up to 7GBs DDoS's as it is, I can't find any cheap DDoS protection to fulfill my needs, and I thought doing something like what transitshield does by having multiple IPs so if one does get attacked it just swaps out the IP and puts a different one could at least do something..
    And why would it cost 10k$? If transitshield only charges as low as $100 per month? They also have to make a profit somewhere, so getting the resources to provide the service has to be cheaper....?

6. They pay an extremely high initial fee, an investement, for their IP's and offloading servers.

They make it back with their monthly fees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PhanaticD

Patron

i am getting more and more disappointed with transitshield every day. paid for the 10 IP protection, and now they cut me down to 4 IP's and one of the isnt responding, they are not answering my messages either about it. they were very helpful in the beginning when I first got them but now not so much.

8. I bought their service for $120 from the beginning of december, it never worked and it has now expired. Now I have sent literally over 10 emails, and they have ignored all of them except one telling me I could not receive a refund.

9. I am thinking of assetgateway (assetproxy), Malo we could use some recommendations/clarifications on their service. I am looking at the $200 plan, but some of the things there are scary...
    • What does 6TB clean traffic mean?
    • Do you go over this limit? What is your average with 2000 players?
    • I run a website on the same server as my dedicated, will this cause any issues?
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  10. For that, they provide 1GBs mitigation, does that mean they only protect from DDoS's that are 1Gbs in size?

11. PhanaticD

Patron

most serious attackers use a lot more than 1 gbs which is what has me worried. it just seems so expensive for so little. I looked into it a lot the past few days since I was getting sick of transitshield and the most reliable (and mast expensive) seems to be staminus. Cheapest would be transitshield but its like they are on vacation

12. Forget the word 'cheap' when looking into ddos mitigation.

Edit: Staminus, Cheap? http://puu.sh/2qPZi

13. PhanaticD

Patron

yea but when the protection costs more than my actual servers then thats not exactly a good thing

14. Your servers cost less than $200, that is amazing. My 1270v2 with 30 TB bandwidth, 32GB RAM, and a 128gb SSD costs $270. I make way over $1000 a month, so really it isn't an issue to pay to protect my playerbase.

15. I haven't been getting ddosed for months, all of a sudden some random guy comes along and is taking down the server for almost 12 hours at a time with a 7GBs attack every other day, I guess all it takes is one guy with out much of a life.

16. I have the same server with 10TB out bandwidth, 16Gbs of ram, and a 240Gb SSD for $115 per month.
    The problem is, buying protection from someone like staminus can cost somewhere in the thousands per month and it still does not fully protect you.

17. asset is the cheapest/performance, way better than javapipe. And malo has 2,000 players on and has not gone down due to DDOS in recent times.

18. PhanaticD

Patron

no i pay a little over 500 every month

19. But what if he got hit with a 5Gbs attack? I don't think they would protect him from that?