how exactly do actionbar messages work?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by xlis1, May 5, 2017.

1. ive seen a few other threads talking about how to get action-bar messages to appear, however i cant seem to get any methods to work. how do you go about doing this?

2. What do you mean by "Action Bar" Do you mean Boss bar, Xp bar or??

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. this is probably a stupid question as im new to plugin development (not java) but i cant seem to access the net.minecraft.server.PacketPlayOutChat method, am i missing something in my build-path or what?

4. You have to directly import the spigot jar.

5. i feel like such a retard right now, but what do you mean?

6. You have to put CraftBukkit as a dependency if you want do stuff with the NMS.

7. again im sorry for my idiocy but i dont understand what you mean, i have CraftBukkit as a dependency in my plugin.yml and i cant figure out witch jar the other person meant when they said "the spigot jar" is there some kind of guide i can follow?

8. When I build buildtools. I get bukkit, spigot and craftbukkit. In my eclipse( or whatever IDE you use) you add one of these three as a reference library. I use spigot because it includes the net.minecraft.server packages and classes. Which you can import to access NMS methods and classes.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. run buildtools, it'll automatically add it to your .m2 maven directory on your PC. also, i would recommend maven for any repos or dependencies(spigot/bukkit)

• Agree Agree x 1