How good is this banner for advertising?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by gpugeek, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Hello SpigotMC!
    How good, from 1-10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the best, is this banner for advertising?

Attached Files:

2. I love how fluid the movements are, the colors and the loading time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 5

Sorry, but it doesn't catch my attention. The banner is really smooth and looks very professional, but it's too blah.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. 4

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I thought it was an ad for an anti-virus app at first sight.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lol.

7. I like it!

9/10!

I would give it 10/10 but i've saw better, so it's a 9 for me :)

8. 6/10 because it doenst really get your attention, and it might just be any product (and not specifically a minecraft server)
    It looks almost like a normal advertisement...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. 4/10
    Not as eye catching as it could be.

10. I have to agree with the people above. It is a very nice and professional looking banner. Sadly the majority of the people you are advertising to don't care how clean or professional it looks. They simply want to find a cool server as soon as possible to play on. Which is why I personally think the brighter more obnoxious and childish banners, which shout "Minecraft" at the player, and clearly state what their server has to offer give the best result. The reality is that your banner will be in the middle of a sea of others, and you need to stand out at a glance.

Some things you could try to pimp it up a bit:
    • Add Minecraft images to each slide.
    • Change the colors around and change the white to a background color. (bear in mind that your banner will be put against a white background on most sites).
    Personally I love the design and how clean it is and would give it a 9/10 as I could see such a design being used by an actual company for an adsense campaign. However for the purpose of advertising a minecraft server I would have to give it a 5.

11. Not going to lie, It doesn't look fun. Are you trying to attract business people or players...

Edit: Refrained from being sexist :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 9/10 - Love the animations and how it all just flows. It's just not very attention grabbing :(

13. Very smooth and professional. Definitely a 9/10 from me. But if you are wanting something that catches someones attention, may not be your best bet.

14. Maximvdw

Benefactor

Quality in general: 8/10
    Quality for minecraft banners: 4/10

It reminds me of advertising for medication :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Too fast
    other wise its good.

16. I love the clean and minimalistic design, but for minecraft advertising it isn't catchy enough.
    You want some eye catching fast moving motion and I don't recommand a white background either.
    5/10.

17. It looks fucking amazing, but doesn't fit minecraft very well .~.

• Agree Agree x 2