How many player can this get?

Discussion in 'Hosting Advice' started by VizionStudiosMc, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Hello could someone tell me how many players do you think this box could hold?
    Intel E3-1230v2 3.30GHz 32GB DDR3 1333MHz 120GB SSD + 500GB HDD 1 Gbps 10 TB Chicago, IL

2. What gamemode will be running on it? Would it be one server or multiple ones?

3. Prison, Factions, Skyblock, Creative,hub, bungee
    BeastNode.com was the best big/cheap host I could find.

4. Start it out at 100-150 if you get more players than that begin to up it until it becomes apparent you need to upgrade.

5. I would say 75-125 would probably be peak!

6. Just letting you know SoYouStart will offer you more for less...
    Anyways for that server I would say 150 max if optimized

7. It really depends on many many factors:
    • Plugins
    • Optimizations
    • World Size
    • & a lot more.
    I would say you could easily get 100 on there, and probably up to 150(If done correctly). Although it really is difficult to tell. Be sure to pick the right distro and have everything updated as much as possible.

8. I don't think that it will hold 4 gamemodes + a hub + a bungee without lag or crashes. If you're having that many gamemodes then you should look into purchasing another dedicated server. For my network, I put 1 - 2 gamemodes per server due to the fact that each popular gamemode has at least 60 people on at all times. This costs money, however, we experience no lag. Post back on the thread so I can know how you're doing!

#8 RyansAces, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  9. x_L

x_L

That can hold around 100-125 on a single instance.
    Never used that CPU but based on it's single threaded performance that's what I came up with.

10. "each gamemode has at least 60 people on at all times"

Erm no.
    [​IMG]
    Your maximum is 56, Prison. Sorry to disappoint you :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1

11. [​IMG]
    Nuff said

12. Please, STFU

13. I was saying at that time.

No.

14. I guess around 100 players, Tïp , If you have experience running servers why not try a host like OVH?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. If you really milked it, I think you could get 150 players out of it. It all depends on what type of settings you have on your servers, such as mob spawning limits, render distance, and the nature of your plugins. I run the same cpu with an HDD. I've peaked at 78 players and it runs perfectly. However, I really can't see it holding more than 150 with multiple servers. Best of luck.

16. Actually, I think if you don't put too many beefy plugins, the server should be fine with 100-120 players! :)

17. You should do fine with 100 - 150 players

18. Tbh, you don't need a 1 gbps uplink unless you just want it to help with ddos attacks. 100mbps uplink is good enough for around 100 players at least. If you're paying extra for it, I wouldn't.