How Many Players can this server hold?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ShishKaBobz, May 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I'm am a technology WIZARD And I know this server can hold a good few servers, but how many players would this be able to hold? I assume this is "Spigot WIZARD" Kind of things and do not know to much about spigot specs.. Any help is much appreciated Thanks!

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. yes

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gaxan

Supporter

What server? You didn't give any indication or specs

4. xD I'm so stupid :/
    Code (Text):
    OpenStack KVM
    1 vCore
    2.4 GHz
    2 GB RAM
    10 GB SSD
    Local RAID 10

5. Gaxan

Supporter

I call that garbage :D
    I trust virtual less than shared.
    30 - 50 players depending on optimization and plugins.

6. Well, No body comes on my server I have now, So I guess that will be great xDD

7. Gaxan

Supporter

Sounds like a winner to me!

8. it can hold just about 75 Players at max with no lag and maybe 120 with lag

9. How can a 2GB server hold 75 players... I think you got the wrong number... Vanilla, maybe, but not Spigot...

10. Gaxan

Supporter

I normally estimate 15 people per gigabyte with plugins to be on the safe side.

11. It also really depends on what plugins you install and which players come on...

12. I don't think you can use all of your RAM though as the OS needs some and you're probably going to want a website or a teamspeak too. So with 1.5~ GB maybe 30~ players?

13. Its different. Depending on plugins, optimization and what your players do. Maybe at lest 30 players and max 50

14. Strahan

Benefactor

Well thank goodness your specs included the KVM, that's good for another twenty or so players lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. I laughed way harder than I should have. Solitude.

16. You are completely full of shit.

17. You're going to have to make a Youtube
    video proving that you could get 200 players
    on a 2GB server, this I have to see.

total bs..

P.S. Windows by itself for Windows 10/Server 2016
    needs 2 - 4 GB just to run.

18. Gaxan

Supporter

You have no idea what you are talking about.

200 players on 2GB of RAM. A typical server uses 27MB per second per player. 200 players would use 5.27GB of RAM per second. The garbage collector would be running every 0.38 seconds causing your server to lag so bad it would be unplayable.

19. Gaxan

Supporter

You still don't know what you're talking about.
    I don't care if you are running a 4790K, 6700K or 7700K. You aren't going to maintain 200 active players on 2GB RAM without lag. 200 players standing around not moving or doing anything at all, that's possible. However that's not what players do.

I don't know why you keep throwing the bottom intel processor into the discussion.
    I only recall maybe four that has a high single thread performance and they are duo core.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.