How Should I Advertise a Towny Server?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Venomous_Creeper, Oct 17, 2018.

1. I know that there's already a ton of threads like these, and I've read through them but I'm hoping someone who runs a Towny server (or similar) will come across my thread and help me out. I am in the process of making a Towny server but I'm not sure what advertising methods would be effective, to give some context I have a small advertisement budget ($100) and the server is new so the player-base will start at 0. What would be the best way to spend my advertising budget?

2. Don’t buy slots on voting sites. First make sure evything works and that your server offers something unique before you spend any money on advertising. I recommend hiring a small youtuber to advertise your server. But if you server is really high quality and unique I don’t think you need advertising and perhaps should invest in creating a logo, plugins or a forum. Just make sure you have decent voting rewards and a healthy friendly community. People will come back and bring others.

3. Define 'small' Youtuber? I'm really not sure how much views I should look for in a YTber. I already have a logo and am working on having a forums made before the server's release.