How to add a server icon to your server! [1.7 - 1.8]

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by Doxify, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Just noticed that this post has 50k views, crazy

2. joehot200

Supporter

Well, its good to see people learn at least :).

3. It doesnt work for me actually :(

4. jflory7

jflory7 Retired Moderator
    Retired Benefactor

I looked at now too, 60k+ is insane. What this means is that it's probably being found off of Google search results and people from all over the web have been seeing this post.

5. Being the top result on a google search of "how to add a server icon" might help as well :p

6. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

7. I've added the server-icon.png (Which is 64x64) to my /jar folder on my bungee server but it doesn't seem to want to display.
    EDIT - Double checked to make sure it was 64x64 and it was. So I saved it again with file - save - web in photoshop and selected PNG-24, uploaded it then restarted the server. still nothing.

#47 Deimos, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  8. Multicraft? Heh.

Try putting it in the root of your folder. I believe multicraft uses launh flags to change the launch location.

9. jflory7

Retired Benefactor

The number of hits on this thread is insane. 82,000+ and counting. Search engines loves this thread.

10. :D YEah multicraft :p So put in it in /? will do and report back.

EDIT - Yep that solved it, thanks so much @frash23

11. Great tutorial, mate.

Only thing I see the problem with is some may get confused on which folder to drop it in.

12. Actually, it's not at all obvious. I just spent an hour figuring this out. Since you don't have to enable any config options etc and it's just "drop it in the server root" it's easy to assume it updates dynamically and is checked automatically every time user refreshes their server list. But apparently it is not and you DO have to restart the server. At first I thought I'm having some kind of problem with the server not recognizing the png format / bit depth, size or some such. All it needed was a restart...

13. Very nice guy, thanks very much 10/10

14. server-icon.png -> server folder.
    Restart the server.
    Done.

15. is it possible to have a gif as the server icon?

16. joehot200

Supporter

No. But you can animate the image by sending a constant stream of data.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. how would i do that?

18. joehot200

Supporter

On ping, continue sending data, but never send the server version. That way, the client will always presume there is more data needed.