Solved How to add BungeeCord Support?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Kiwanga, Apr 20, 2017.

1. I see often Plugins like this, which have BungeeCord Support... So I want to know what it does mean and how to add it. Is it just a Command like /hub which sends you to the lobbyserver or is it more?

Thank you for your help :D

2. When someone said "BungeeCord Support" or something like that, then its almost that your plugin runs on 1 hole server without anything else like essentials warp or something. You may see servers like hypixel or similar, the games that they support are the same type so they run on a complete server and after game end the server stops and your players get send back to the default lobby ( hub )

The Plugin that you mentioned supports also multiarena, so that means you can run your normal stuff but with several arenas on different worlds and the server won't close after game end, they just get teleported back to the configured spawn

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ahhh so if I say my Plugin supports just BungeeCord it just runs on one server without any other plugin, and other the game I send them back to the default lobby and restart the other server. So If i do this I have to manage stats with SQL and if i do just multiarena normal configs would be ok or?

4. Correct.

Well the Plugin "can" run with other Plugins.
    You may just add both Modes in your Plugin

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes, @FurRail already mentioned a thing so your server can run other plugins like a permission system or something but its like a 1 server with 1 game and not a multi arena with multiple worlds ( arenas )

• Like Like x 2
  6. But could you explain how to do it ?

7. ? What should i explain? like the bungeecord support again?

8. If you want BungeeCord Support-Plugin
    You simply listen on "PlayerJoinEvent" and "PlayerQuitEvent"

If a Player joins the Server, just let them join the Game, start the Game, whatever.
    If a Player leaves the Server, just manage, so you remove the Player from Configurations and take neccesary actions.

If you use Multiarena, you have to make sure, the Systems knows which Player is in which Game.
    Let them join via Command, Sign, whatever
    Let them Leave via Command, Sign, whatever and take neccessary actions

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Like a normal code right ?
    I mean that is there a specific code used for BungeeCord ?
    Or as normal bukkit code ?
    I can't use normal bukkit code because it won't do stuff in other servers!
    Like this I want to know if your different code then the bukkit code!

10. Like a normal code right ?

11. Like a normal code right ?

12. 1 Post could handle the same ...

Edit: BungeeCord Support does only mean You allow the bungeecord to handle the game too , you don't need any bungeecord library or something.. Then it would be a normal BungeeCord Plugin.
    You may know Servers like hivemc or hypixel, their games are handled with a bungeecord support, so when the game ends, the players get send back to your lobby server