How to advertise a minecraft server?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by TheHoodmaster, Jul 9, 2013.

?

How did you advertise your server?

Poll closed Jul 16, 2013.
  1. Paid Advertising

11.1%
  2. Used Multiple server list's

77.8%
  3. Bribed a famous youtuber

11.1%
  4. Used all of the above

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Just want to know how to advertise well enough. I have 1 server right now with bungee cord setup, I have other server's ready, but not opening until I have a playerbase.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mate you bumped it after 2 minutes... There is already a thread on this topic please use the search function

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. GG

4. In his defence though, at least he isn't opening the other servers until he has a playerbase. A waste of resources, but at least it isn't 10 players across 15 or so servers :p

5. bloodsplat

I've already read most of them.

just asking again.

6. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

Repost of a repost of a repost if a repost?
    Please use the search bar.

7. joehot200

Supporter

It is called having a good server. Then the players will come to you of their own accord :).

This is a poll of a online game called Tanki Online:
    Where did you hear about Tanki Online?

I saw a banner on the internet 14%

I read an article in a magazine, on an information-based website, or in a blog 3%

I saw an advertisement on the internet 8%

My friends talked about it (invited me) 39% <----

I found it by chance using a search engine 11%

I have been playing a long time; I can’t remember any more where I heard about it 9%

Other (none of these options apply to me) 14% Total votes: 7,801

8. CCT

CCT
    Supporter

9. A way to advertise. 7 users voted on it at poll :D

"Spam the fuck out of all the minecraft server list with high quality reviews and list of features of your server"

10. I took a poll on my website and around half the players found the server through word of mouth.

11. Could you elaborate on that a little?

12. SEO = search engine optimization. The goal is to get your site ranked higher in search engines such as google.

13. So like make a video of your server but make the title "Minecraft Cracked Server 24/7 NoLagg" kinda thing?

14. No, SEO gets more complicated than that. There's people whose whole job is based around SEO.