Solved How to build a Minecraft 1.7.10 Spigot Server?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by Possible, May 31, 2016.

1. Hello guys,

I'm coming from the past, and like to build the latest Spigot-Source for Minecraft 1.7.10. Sadly I can't figure out how.

The Background: I'm one of many owners of a HTC Vive. And there is a modded Minecraft client that supports roomscale VR! (Trust me, this is the best thing in the world!)
    The Problem: It is limited to 1.7.10. While the Spigot/Bukkit git repository goes back far enough, they also require the CraftBukkit-Repository to be build. But CraftBukkit has been taken down due to the DMCA *sigh, nothing we need to talk about again*.
    The BuildTools aren't going back far enough to create a new 1.7.10 Server.

While it is easy to find a compiled version of Spigot 1.7.10 in the wild of the internet, I would like to be able to build 1.7.10 from "source" and have chance to mod it (as the VR brings new problems to the core of the MC protocol).
    Can anyone help?

PS. [Minecraft Roomscale VR] Would you like to know more? https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/wiki/minecrift_for_vive

2. Any distribution of the DMCA violating code would likely be illegal. The best I could probably suggest is the spigot protocol hack, which I *believe* I have a copy of floating around.

Until I'm able to confirm that I have it, I'd suggest just looking around for it :)

3. BT doesn't support 1.7.x, and neither does these forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It does say in the OP that BuildTools didn't work, which is why the OP is asking for a pre-compiled version. Also, the protocol hack doesn't violate the DMCA take down, so I'm sure the forums support it.

5. 1.7.X builds are no longer support on Bukkit, Craftbukkit or Spigot any more. Due to the DMCA takedown having copies of it I believe is illegal.. If you want you can go on the "deep" webs but I wouldn't go there... ;)

6. Wasn't the protocol hack released after the DMCA take down? I may have my timeline off

7. Pretty sure you can find craftbukkit downloads if you google search for like 5 minutes...

• Like Like x 1
  8. As said, it is easy to get a pre-compiled version. But I'm not looking for that. I'm looking for a way to compile the 1.7 Server (with changes).
    The CraftBukkit-Repository hosted decompiled modified code, which was decompiled by Bukkit-Team and then patched.
    My hope is that some ppl know how to reproduce it. Maybe manually reproducing the BuildTools-chain with downloading vanilla 1.7 server and reproducing patches from a diff or a cloned copy of CraftBukkit laying around somewhere.
    Sadly it seems I have deleted my CraftBukkit clone a few years ago :(

Edit: Found a copy of a CraftBukkit-Repository. Together with an old Spigot-Repository-commit and the still available Bukkit repository I should have everything needed.

#8 Possible, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2016