[HOW-TO] BungeeCord + Cauldron

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by time6628, May 17, 2015.

1. I had to experiment a lot to figure out how to get modded servers that run cauldron to link to BungeeCord proxies. I'm making this guide to help others who might be in the same spot. So, here we go.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step 1: Setup BungeeCord
    Setup a BungeeCord like you would normally. Let it run and do it's stuff.
    Step 2: The hub or "default" server
    If you are planning on running a network that runs several different modpacks across Bungee, then you will have to create a spigot 1.7.10 server. Why do I need to? If you try to set a default server to a cauldron(with no mods) one, it will bug out and post likely not let you join. When you join a Forge/Cauldron server, the client and server have to have matching or have their mods checked. If you set the default server to a cauldron server, any mod that has added inventory to it, will not work on connection. For example, if the client has Tinkers' construct installed, but the Cauldron(or forge) doesn't, it will give you a mod rejection. If you use a Spigot server, the client doesn't do those checks as it would on a cauldron server.
    Step 3: Adding more servers
    Any other server that you link or hook to the BungeeCord will be able to run Cauldron. They can have what ever mods, plugins, etc on it. It won't matter. The only problem would be if a player tries to join a server and they don't have the mods for that server(for example, trying to connect to a FTB server from a ATLauncher pack), they will get kicked.
    Conclusion:
    In order to create a Cauldron(or modded) server network you need to have a Spigot hub. Or if all your servers run the same modpack, than you don't have to have a Spigot one.

I hope this helps to all those who struggle with this. If you have any questions leave them below and I'll hopefully have an answer for you!
    Thanks,
    -Time

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. minecraft7net

Supporter

nice :) did you test caludron 1.7.2 + bungeecord ? if you have success PM me.

https://github.com/SpigotMC/BungeeCord/issues/899

i have always :
    01:25:35 [INFO] [44334t] disconnected with: §fException Connecting:IOException : Connection reset by peer @ sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl:-2

3. @minecraft7net I did not, but I can if you would like me to. What version of cauldron are you using? Everything in my post was on 1.7.10 versions.

4. minecraft7net

Supporter

OK, i know it works with 1.7.10 - perfect and your howto is very good.

with 1.7.2 i've tested with : cauldron-1.7.2-1.1147.04.196-server.jar, mcpc-plus-1.7.2-R0.4-forge1033-B48.jar, cauldron-1.7.2-1.1098.04.14-server.jar, cauldron-1.7.2-1.1112.04.26-server.jar

5. @Mincraft7net I'm pretty sure the latest versions of BungeeCord support 1.7.x and 1.8.x versions. :)

6. thx for the tutorial I had problems with that :p

7. I followed your guide and I can connect to my lobby server which runs spigot 1.7.10
    Whenever I try to connect to the cauldron modded server I get "Pixelspass lost connection: Timed out" in the log.
    I set bungeecord: true in spigot.yml , connection-throttle: -1 in bukkit.yml and ip-forward to true.
    They are running on the same machine and the server-ip in properties is set to 127.0.0.1.
    In the bungeecord config the server has the address localhost:22565
    BungeeCord Version is #985 #1071 #1068
    Any ideas?

Ok, so I found out it might be a problem with the BungeeCord Version, so I updated to 1071 and I got an error:
    Your version of Forge is outdated. Please update Forge and try again.
    I use forge-1.7.10-10.13.3.1420-1.7.10-universal.jar in the Modpack and KCauldron-1.7.10-1420.108-server.jar for the server. So I tried BungeeCord 1068 since that is roughly from the same date.
    Now I still get the Update Forge error.
    What could it be?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Greetings
    Pixelspass

#8 Pixelspass, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  8. Hey @time6628,

The file you posted there fixed the issue I was having perfectly, but what exactly was changed between the original and your fix?

My issue was BungeeCord kicking for an outdated Forge version, despite having the latest builds on both client and server. Running 1.8 not 1.7.10 which may be the issue, but I'm still new in these parts :/

9. @Krynoc It changes the way Bungee handles the handshake between client and the server.

10. Yeah, I'm getting this as well.
    Trying to connect 1.7.10 Cauldron from a 1.7.10 Spigot Server, using 1.8 BungeeCord.
    [​IMG]

11. that link comes from a "Mirror" that posts spigot jars etc

12. Yes, but that link also has a fix for BungeeCord that fixes the handshake for BungeeCord.

13. i setup Cauldron and bungeecord and they are wonderful together! but i have a problem, i have to set the server.properties to Online_Mode = False: but this makes the skins no longer work... how do i fix this?

14. Set online mode true in the Bungee config or find a plugin that fixes it.

15. skinsrestorer does the job :)

16. What do you use for transport between worlds? It seems like the latest Transporter (8.16) drops Forge items when you transport?

17. So how do I do this now? I can't get Spigot 1.7.10 anywhere