How to change Minecraft Java Version

Discussion in 'Systems Administration' started by VexxmMC, Dec 24, 2016.

1. The server is a VPS and run with linux on PuTTy. I have no idea how to change the Java Version. The host is OVh. I don't know much more information.

Any ideas?

2. Terminal. Try just this

sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just got more Information.

CentOS is the OS. Any idea now?

4. Hi one question, why would you buy a vps if you don't have knowledge of any OS that could be running on the server?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Who said i purchased the VPS? Don't ask questions that aren't relevant, i never said i purchased the VPS. I'm asking on behalf of someone.

Cheers.

6. Maybe I misunderstood but this looked like you are the owner:

'I have no idea how to change the Java Version. The host is OVh. I don't know much more information.'

7. Where in that sentence does it say i own the VPS? Lmfao....

8. Well your referring to yourself in 'I have no idea how to change the Java Version', 'I don't know much more information'

But back to topic:
    Here you have a page where everything is written out step by step on how to install Java on Cent OS.
    https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-java-on-centos-and-fedora

Next time I would hope you could give us some more information about the system so we could advise you to the right place or we could explain it ourselves directly!

Have a good Christmas and a Happy new Year! :)

9. I would explain why i said 'I' but it doesn't matter.

Thankyou, you too.

10. If you install the new java version minecraft may still use an older version if that is what the java path variable is set to. Make sure to update the path variables in centos.