How to create a World with More than one Barrier

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Daniel_Felipe_R, May 17, 2019 at 12:38 AM.

1. Hello guys!

I'm working in a project that likes a world generator for skyblock, skywars, eggwars...; and I was thinking, if a create one world by one minigame map, it will take a lot of disc, so I thought, can I create one world with more than one barrier? And how can I do it?

2. what do you mean by "barrier"?

3. The end of world, that blue stripes that you can't pass (without a glitch).

4. I think that is impossible at least you do that with packets and use high frequency events like player move to prevent players going throught the borders

5. Uhmm, but than couldn't it create a lot of memory(ram)/cpu usage?

6. This is usually done using 'Regions' they do not usually have a visible barrier, but this should be achievable by using particles.
    Most plugins use WorldGuard for the 'Regions' but you can create your own restricted areas.

I think you need to add a few more details of how you want this to work and any code which you have tried to acomplish the tasks needed.

You can have many regions within the same world.

7. OK, I know the "Regions" but isn't it I was looking for, I'm looking for something that I can create a lot of minigames maps (one by every player who entered in the server) without waste a lot of resources, and on that minigames maps, the playes can build, so I need something cool that does not allow their passage.

8. So like a player based vanilla border?

9. Yep, that's how I would do it, if you really don't want to use simple particles.

10. Yep, something like that