How To: Credit Card Charge backs - how to win them.

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by AlexM850, Oct 3, 2013.

?

Was this helpful? Should i post more helpful guides like this?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2014.
  1. Yes.

88.9%
  2. No.

2.6%
  3. It was alright, but you could be more helpful and descriptive.

8.5%
  1. AlexM850

Patron

A Short Guide On Helping You Win Credit Card Charge Backs!
    Hello guys, i'm a very active member from the Spigot community and fully support what md_5 and the team do here. I've recently started to receive a lot of credit charge backs and have found a very efficient way in being able to win charge backs so i thought i would share it with the community to help out where it's possible.​
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After you've reached this point you're going to want to begin to upload your Terms of Service, Terms and conditions, as well as refund policy as proof of evidence. After doing so and uploading these files you will want to take a screenshot and/or upload this as proof of shipment. Such as when the user receives the items/ranks regardless especially considering that this pertains to user authorization details which are very important and should be in your Terms of Service. The two most important things to be included in your Terms Of Service would be the authorization contract/agreement that this user agrees to when donating and your refund policy as a majority of credit card companies take these 2 things majorly into consideration when disputing a credit card charge back.

Here's an example below of how i have done my credit card chargebacks over the past 2 months. I've won 7/7 credit card chargebacks i've had, the one that was lost was my fault for being lazy. Here in my uploaded material i've included as Proof of Shipment the packages and that have been executed and contains the transaction number. (This does not make a huge difference as far as i've been able to tell, as long as you have your refund policy & Authorized permission agreement in your terms of Service. However, Paypal will want to see your whole terms of service page and they're pretty firm about it.)
    [​IMG]

Another way is to include specifically that the user received the packages in game. You will also want to state that the user agreed to refund policy and authorization agreement and has received the item and they have now disputed it for charge back breaking your terms of service. Additionally, providing extra evidence is always helpful along with the more information and uploaded screenshots you post which let Paypal and the Credit Card holders company know a bit more about you.

Include: User ip(s) they donated with to paypal in explanation(if using buycraft).
    Also use Buycrafts feature of obtaining the users billing address for these purposes.
    (More info to come here soon).

Here's some examples of my Terms of Service and conditions below.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Authorized Permission relevance below.
    [​IMG]

These Terms of Service can be found on my website and donation page.
    Donation Page: http://shop.aemservers.net/

Let me know if you have any suggestions on any other guides that i can post to help out with anything else feel free to post on here what you think and what other kinds of guides that can help that i should post.

#1 AlexM850, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    • Useful x 71
    • Like x 16
    • Winner x 10
    • Informative x 9
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

HAX

• Funny Funny x 10
  3. Can you give an example of what image you used to show proof of purchase?

4. AlexM850

Patron

I edited and provided some of the images that i used. The others contain personal user information that i cannot share such as the area they live and related email address. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AlexM850

Patron

No you are hax. Pls. You're just jealous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SuperSpyTX

Supporter

/me uses winsploit 2008

nah, in all sirius XMness, this is a smart way to haxing paypal like a pro

7. Who wrote your TOS? It must have taken forever.

8. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

It honestly isn't hard to create a TOS as long as you have the slightest amount of legal experience. For me, I'll create a TOS in about 2 hours. Though I have taken a good amount of law classes xD

9. I have no experience in law and most of my sentences when I try to be serious the end up pretty funny.

10. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

You could always take the I-have-no-clue-what-I-am-doing approach and use a thesaurus to enhance the legality of your words.

• Funny x 10
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  11. AlexM850

Patron

For the two who voted that i can be more descriptive, EDawg878 & itsjhalt how can i be more descriptive and helpful since you two guys rated it as helpful, but could be more descriptive?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. I voted just before you posted the images ;)

13. AlexM850

Patron

xD Yeah, i posted it to see how it looked, then went back and edited it posting my images and the reference of my TOS and T&C with my refund policy pages. EDawg878

14. itsjhalt

Patron

Hey, I was just unclear on what the "Authorized Permission" was. I think that this guide is helpful, but I think if you showed what each file was that you uploaded (and redacted information as needed) this would be even more helpful.

- Jonathan

15. AlexM850

Patron

The authorized permissions would be this.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Outlaw11A

Supporter

Nice guide. Will take this into consideration next time it happens.

I have had many chargebacks in the past with the credit card companies, not chargebacks originating from PayPal, and in my experience, it is not worth the time, stress and money to try and combat the chargeback. You can save the fee that the credit card companies will try and hit you with (normally around $10-$20) if you just refund and ban the player. Not worth the effort trying to argue it.

Just my 2 cents.

17. AlexM850

Patron

I haven't had to pay any of these "credit card fees" that you're talking about? Please elaborate for me.

18. Outlaw11A

Supporter

I got them because I argued the case then lost. This is why I believe you shouldn't bother arguing them. Not worth the effort.

You most likely haven't gotten them because you have won. I will try and find a picture of one in my PayPal.

Edit: Here is what I am referring to with the fee:

[​IMG]

The person paid $15, so I lost that, then I got hit with a $10 fee. In total was $25 lost.

19. AlexM850

Patron

Ahh. Then this guide might explain why i've won them and therefore said why i haven't had to "pay" these "Credit card fees".

20. AlexM850

Patron

Wow. That really does suck. :( Sorry to hear that, hopefully if you follow by what i've done it might help you out.