How to deal with members not knowing /login?

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by joehot200, May 15, 2013.

1. joehot200

Supporter

Before i start the conversation, any rude comments about me going premium will simply make me click that "report" button.

Anyway, i get lots of members from sites like PMC. The problem is, they don't know how to login! Yes, i can make it not mandatory for them to have to log in - but then how do i get them to register if they do not get messages about it!
    Any suggestions?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Create an auto-message which runs every once in a while?

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. How about telling them to actually "/login password" instead of "visit my shitty site for instructions" or better yet, don't have a shitty cracked server.

Another stupid post of yours that can be solved by online-mode: true + 1

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 2
  4. LiLChris

LiLChris Retired Moderator
    Retired

I logged on to your server, had forgotten my password and I was able to walk around all over the place.
    Not sure which plugin your using but you should freeze them in 1x1 block till they /login.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joehot200

Supporter

LiLChris: They cant break blocks or anything. And they cant be PVPd, and will be teleported back to spawn when they login. (i am using xAuth)

LaxWasHere helpful awnser i suppose... not going to bother reporting that.
    Lax's annoying comments++;

Spxify Any idea how to do this but be able to check if the player is already registered?
    I think you would be annoyed if you had done the instructions, but were still getting messages about it!

6. Do they get moved to a different user group once they have registered?

If true: give the group a bypass permission.
    If false: see if it's possible to move them to a new group after registering.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. LiLChris

Retired

Yes but then they won't bother logging on, I had forgotten it was offline mode till 2-3 minutes later.
    If you keep them stuck at 1x1 block constantly repeating the login message they will actually do it.

Enable that in the config, I know its an option.

8. LilChris: they won't be able to execute commands, thus they can't log-in/register.

9. LiLChris

Retired

The /login command is an exception to that rule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just wondering, having a cracked server on Bungee is not possible? If your other servers are in online mode?

11. LiLChris

Retired

All servers that are connecting through Bungee must be in offline mode, not sure what your asking...

12. CustomForms

CustomForms Retired Moderator
    Retired Supporter

You cannot have both on and offline servers with one bungee instance, but if you have two bungee instances it would be possible.

13. jtaylor69

jtaylor69 Retired Moderator
    Retired

Do what I do, freeze the player in place, stick a big sign in their face with /register <pass> and ensure that "Type /register <pass>" appears in chat a few times over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. PhanaticD

Patron

have the move event cancel and spam "[WARNING] this server is for people who didnt buy minecraft type /login or whatever"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. joehot200: Maybe you could use CrazyLogin. Of what I know you can set different messages to be shown to the player before he registers or logs in.