1.15.2 How to disable boat collision?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by WellyPL, Feb 14, 2020 at 6:07 PM.

1. Hi guys, do you know any way to disable collision between boats?

I want specific boats to not collide with each other. I tried adding them to the team with collisionRule set to 'never', but that doesn't disable the collision. I can't find any way to do it with API too. Is there any way to do it?

2. Hmm im not sure minecraft allows you to make changes on vanilla physics especially collision between entitys

3. You can disable LivingEntity's collisions though, I thought there is the same option for boats.

4. Then it might be possible,sadly im not familiar on this part of the minecraft so i cant help you much

You can try and check for similar problems from the past,you might find an answer

5. You can only disable collisions for living entity unfortunately. If you wanna make just juste use a plugin of mine that I made (check on my resource page) that delete every entity collisions. Since it is not a living entity though, I don’t think it’s gonna work. Check for java reflection maybe?

6. Vibemaster

Vibemaster Previously Heirteir

Vehicle movement is handled client side, so this is impossible to do with a plugin.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This event cancellation doesn't seem to do much for the boats. Even if it did, I would like the client to know that specified boat is not collidable. Without that, this cancellation would work the same as in cancelling movement or block break - the client assumes the action is not cancelled and then the changes are reverted by the server. I want the boats to pass smoothly through each other though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That's a shame.

For the people in the future: If now it is changed and the boat collision may be disabled, please write a reply to this post, thank you in advance!

9. I thought that might be the case but wasn’t sure, at any rate good luck with it

• Like Like x 1