Solved How to fix "Error! No JavaScript engine found."

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by VZlomka, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Hello, sometimes when I join, or sometime later, I get this error message in the chat. There is nothing in the console, and I have no idea how to fix this.

Attached Files:

2. It says JavaScript cannot be found.

3. Yes, but what is causing it and how to fix it. Simple writing the error message back is not helping ...

4. Can you show plugins list?

5. Since I don't know all the plugins, please remove them one by one and check them.

6. The plugin has to support java16 and 1.17 if you run java16 and 1.17.
    Avoid using javascript

7. Which plugin?

8. My server is on 1.16.5

9. SteelPhoenix

Oh that's most likely my plugin. If there's no javascript engine available at runtime it won't work. I still need to fix that ._. sorry

10. Current versions of Java have removed the Javascript engine due to it not being used often and being a maintenance burden.

You will have to remove plugins and join again until the message disappears to find out the plugin which causes this.

11. When can you fix it?

12. Just wait

13. Okay, in that case: with java16 the plugins have to update to support java16 and understand that nashborn engine etc will be a problem for them. So there's a headsup.

I dont use javascript myself in 1.16 or 1.17, i dont recognize what plugin it comes from.