How to get infinite slots of a host that limits slots

Discussion in 'Spigot Discussion' started by BDC, May 28, 2015.

1. BDC

BDC

Hello people of spigot,

I am here to show you how to get infinite slots of your server with out upgrading on hosts that limit slots!

1. Download Essentials!
    2. Download a permissions plugin (Any is fine as long as you can do permission nodes)
    3. Give default player this permissions "essentials.joinfullserver"
    4. Get a plugin that lets you set fake player slots such as "FakeSlots"
    5. Set slots to a high amount
    6. Enjoy UNLIMITED PLAYERS!!!

2. Why would your host even limit slots?

3. Many shared hosts separate the tiers of servers they offer, so more players costs more money.

4. BDC

BDC

Also some host make it a hastle to change your slots

5. Enjoy crashing as soon as three people join because you're using a host that overloads nodes(basicly every crap host ever, as the host in question fits the description). Literally, every single half decent host will allow you to edit the max player counter by yourself.

#5 GGhost, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. not necessarily^, hosts will also prevent players from joining just to make money, so they can charge for extra slots

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. This is pointless, most people here don't even use shared hosts. Not to mention, if you google "bukkit slot unlimited" something would pop up...

#7 Qwaz, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
  8. Most people do use VPSes for smaller entities such as bungeecord, so people are using shared hosting. I know you meant minecraft hosts, but you should really get your terminology right.

#8 GGhost, May 30, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. GGhost is on point

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. When you say shared hosting, minecraft shared hosting is implied. People tend to split VPSs into their own category.

11. I don't give a *redacted* what people do or how people interpret things. VPS's are a form of shared hosting, and there is no denying that. If you want to be ignorant about thinking "shared hosting" is implied for minecraft hosts only, you go right about that, but you'll always be wrong.

#11 GGhost, May 30, 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  12. BDC

BDC

dude this is just an idea, dont get so mad..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Will this work on my dedicated server?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. No, he stated a fact which is incorrect. You can't really talk when you are equally as bad, which is proven when you poked your nose in.

#14 GGhost, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. BDC

BDC

I was talking about this post...
    You dont need it for dedicated :p

16. For example nitrado . net (a german hoster), is selling by minecraft slots and does not overload. The way described is working, however sometimes you are not allowed to to like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thank you! This helped a lot! (I have needed that perm for a while now!)

18. Cough MCProHosting cough.

19. I agree they are bad, but unfortunately they aren't the only ones.

20. Apparently md_5 uses them :/ (check his Twitter).