How to hide commands and plugins?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by blacktr4sh, Mar 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am wondering how I can hide commands and plugins in the chat and from hacked clients as well. I know there were plenty of threads about this but none of them works for me as a hacked client can bypass it. Using Paper. If this is the wrong place to post please move.

Examples:
    - My Server (paper, minecraft, spigot, bukkit)
    [​IMG]

- Hypixel
    [​IMG]

- Mineplex (they definitely have plugins but somehow hid them)
    [​IMG]

- Some other server (unable to get plugins)
    [​IMG]

#1 blacktr4sh, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  2. Stop your server console, so no one is going to see your plugins and commands.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

Don't grant the permission for the commands that your user's should have access to. Also don't enable the server query (it will send a list of plugins when queried).

4. hahahha very funny.

permissions already removed, but hacked clients can still find it. how would i disable the server query?
    i am using paperspigot btw.

#4 blacktr4sh, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  5. I would also like to know this.
    If server query is turned off then web apps can't check out for the server status. I have a voting plugin and i found that server listed in those voting sites fails to check the server status.

6. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

bukkit.yml has a settings.query-plugins config option. Ideally you wouldn't enable the query though unless you personally need it. I would suggest contacting vote sites that rely on it and ask them to offer alternative methods like pinging the server directly (which I found to be the most common solution nowadays) or provide a separate query plugin just for vote lists.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. I have disabled this but I am still able to find my plugins. I updated my first post with examples and images of what plugins the hacked client can see on different servers.

8. Phoenix616

Resource Staff

"paper, minecraft, spigot, bukkit" aren't plugins, they are from the server software directly which is also shown in the F3 menu. What they are doing is checking the command namespace in the command suggestions, and all the Vanilla, Spigot etc. commands have a separate namespace. You can disable "commands.send-namespaced" in the spigot.yml if you don't want to send namespaced command completion to the client but realistically speaking there shouldn't be an issue with players knowing which plugin a command they are allowed to use is coming from to begin with. (It's best to just allow /help and a filtered /plugins so players can look that up directly) After all they can check out documentation directly on the plugin's page that way instead of you having to explain every little detail to them on your server/website.

9. yes, i know that they are not plugins but even when i do have plugins it will be in that list. with hypixel and mineplex, they dont even have the server software listed. i have already disabled commands.send-namespaced as well. i just dont want players to be able to see all the commands and plugins.

10. Found the plugin that does this. PluginHider+. Thanks for all the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.