How to hide item nametag in item frames?

Discussion in 'Server & Community Management' started by Enter_Blaze, Jan 9, 2020.

1. I am trying to make resource pack for my server which adds a lot of new decorations. If player put right named item into item frame it will create for example billiard table. But when you look at the place where is item frame it will show the item nametag. Is it possible to somehow hide this nametags?

[​IMG]

2. Well, if you create a small plugin, it is.
    an itemframe is an entity, then you can just say that the itemframe name visibility should be false.

You can also do it with command blocks I think, but if it is for a server, I would not recommend command blocks

• Like Like x 1
  3. Strahan

Benefactor

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Strahan

Benefactor

@Bredo what's funny about that? Am I missing something? If you are saying my approach is funny vs doing what you suggested, your idea won't work. Yes an itemframe is an entity, but setting the name visibility false only hides the item frame's name, not the name of the item in said item frame.

5. no no, sorry. It funny that you just created and publish a plugin for this, I am fully aware that my method is not the best (didn't know it wasn't working tho), and it is awesome you just would create a quick plugin for something like this, that is what I think is funny. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wow, thanks but... it doesn't work :D Already placed items still show their name tag. Newly placed works but it doesn't show the custom model. It's just original item. When I take it back from item frame, I get original item, without name nad lore.
    For example billiard table above is stick with custom model renamed to "&eDark Oak Blue Billiard Table" with lore "&9Decoration". When I place it, it show stick and when I get it back I'll get vanilla stick.

EDIT: In creative mod I'll get original item (stick), in survival I'll get item that I putted in so "Billiard table". With hidden nametag it doesn't show a model.

#6 Enter_Blaze, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  7. Strahan

Benefactor

Yea, this won't work for already placed items. It sets an NBT tag when an item is placed, then removes the nametag. The item would need to be removed then re-added.

As to the models, hmm.. maybe that NBT thing is breaking something. Sorry, I guess that won't work then.

Is the custom models thing a public plugin? If so I'll grab it and do some testing.

8. Strahan

Benefactor

Ahhh ok. I thought maybe I just did something really dumb in the program, lol

9. [Disclaimer] I know this is necroposting but the method I'm willing to showcase will 100% fix the issue.

Alright so just like you I was trying to find a way to hide item frame name tags for quite a while until I gave up on that and did it myself with this method:

What you need to do is summon 4 invisible armor stands around the item frame, since the armor stand is considered an entity it blocks the player from being able to "click" or "view" the item frame.

How to do it:

1. First you need to stand on the item frame and get your exact coordinates, example:

[ The numbers in the red rectangle are your EXACT coordinates, copy those and put them in the command that I'll put in step 2 ]
    upload_2020-6-20_15-27-57.png

2. /summon armor_stand -106.250 25 -235.250 {Invisible:1b,NoGravity:1b,CustomName:"{\"text\":\"A1\"}"} [ This works for 1.14.4, not sure about lower or higher versions ]

[ Make sure to use your actual coordinates and not mine, also this is very important: you have to summon the armor stands at the center of each corner of the block, a few examples ]:

upload_2020-6-20_15-34-20.png

The red thing you see in this screenshot is a custom model inside of an item frame, this is how it should look like when you summon the armor stands:
    upload_2020-6-20_15-35-30.png

In order to place the armor stands precisely in the center of the corners make sure you do it in this order:

Summon the first armor stand [A1] at these coordinates: ???.250 ? ???.250 example: /summon armor_stand -106.250 25 -235.250 {Invisible:1b,NoGravity:1b,CustomName:"{\"text\":\"A1\"}"}

The second one [A2]: ???.250 ? ???.750 example: /summon armor_stand -106.250 25 -235.750 {Invisible:1b,NoGravity:1b,CustomName:"{\"text\":\"A2\"}"}

The third one [A3]: ???.750 ? ???.250 example: /summon armor_stand -106.750 25 -235.250 {Invisible:1b,NoGravity:1b,CustomName:"{\"text\":\"A3\"}"}

The fourth one [A4]: ???.750 ? ???.750 example: /summon armor_stand -106.750 25 -235.750 {Invisible:1b,NoGravity:1b,CustomName:"{\"text\":\"A4\"}"}

The values "250" and "750" places the armor stands exactly at the corners, put your actual coordinates in place of the question marks but make sure to put "250" and "750" after the dot.

If you summon one of the armor stands in a wrong place type this command: /kill @e[type=armor_stand,name=A1]

[ The name matters by the way, make sure you're selecting the right one, either A1 or A2 or A3 or A4 ].

This explanation might not be very clear and I don't blame you.. I had some difficulties trying to explain so if you need further help then feel free to add me on discord: ALAND#5970

If it did help then I'm glad I did something, have a good day!