Solved How to make hub using worlds without bungee?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by ItzMeLel, Dec 5, 2018.

1. I am using 1.12.2 spigot
    with multiverse.
    I have a hub-like server but with worlds instead of servers.
    My question is: How can I make a static inventory in one specific world that players cannot edit and this inventory will be separate from all the other worlds, including the items and lores/names of my choosing in the slots i want?
    All other worlds will have a shared inventory.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have looked into MultiInv but it is outdated and I don't think it has a static inventory feature.

any ideas will help!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Alright, I have seperate inventories and a gui compass. Now how do I go about making a custom inventory for hub world that players can't edit? I have looked at almost every plugin out there and I am starting to believe this isn't a thing.

Rephrase: I need a plugin that orientates your inventory in a specific world, like in hubs. (most, if not all, the plugins are not world based)

3. Look into ItemJoin

4. The players would have a survival type inventory but plugin's / permissions would prevent normal survival events. (worldguard)

5. Why? It worked fine from my experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. PerWorldInventory stores each player's data in a separate folder. So if you have 1000 players, that's 1000 folders you have to back up, dramatically increasing backup time or transfer time via FTP.

I believe it creates data files within those folders even if the player has never entered the world. So that's more unnecessary data to back up.

The data files are encoded in base64, so you can't inspect them and check players' inventories.

7. I would recommend you do purchase a cheap server for a hub. It's usually cheaper than purchasing a plugin like xInventories. Otherwise purchase xInventories.

8. why do i need to purchase xinventories if it doesn't do what i need

9. Yes it does? It allows inventories per world with a fast and efficient storing system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. But I thing what he want is a Hub like. So players cant modify is own inventory.
    On right click compass, for exemple, it will display a list of world. But cant move/throw this compass.

I'm in right itzmelel ?

11. you are correct. I have already made the gui thing I just don't know how to make it so that you get a certain inventory setup and ur not allowed to move it around in one specific world

12. Ahhh.. I didn't realize that was part of it.

13. The simple answer here is use bungeecord is seems more expensive but it’s easier in the long run.

14. Then use ItemJoin.

15. thank you for sharing, it seems like the exact plugin i need. Ill try it out to see if it works out for me.

16. Bungee is definitely the better option but if you don't have the funds for that then use ItemJoin.

17. perworldinventories has been a very buggy experience, so my solution was solved using xinventories with itemjoin. The author of itemjoin is adding the feature I needed, thanks everyone for the guidance, I would've given up otherwise! - solved