How to prevent to go with the mods on the server?

Discussion in 'Spigot Help' started by elliot789, Sep 9, 2013.

1. How to prevent to go with the mods on the server?

2. joehot200

Supporter

Thank you for your lack of information :confused:

Yup. 100% agree. 'Wat' is the word.

#2 joehot200, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  3. Dmck2b

Services Staff

I think he is trying to prevent hacked clients/flymod. Google NoCheatPlus. That should keep you mostly covered if you config it to your needs.

4. I'm trying to ban World Downloader mod not to download maps from the server.

5. joehot200

Supporter

I believe LiLChris (or was it @Premium0res?) had the good idea of adding TNT & redstone blocks to the Obfusicator - On your server they are fake, when the client copys your spawn, it will copy TNT with it, and so when they paste the spawn on their server the spawn will blow up.

6. It's certainly possible, but I know that like you can somehow prevent zschahodit the server with a certain mod. And everywhere on the server do not to explode tnt.

7. Can anybody help please?

8. joehot200

Supporter

no. You cannot prevent modified clients from joining the server.

9. I like that it can be heard in mobloader banned.

10. joehot200

Supporter

That is incorrect. There is nothing you can do server-side to block modded clients joining.

11. You must wait for Mod API :)

12. joehot200

Supporter

Yes the mod could tell a server that the player is joining with a mod, but if a mod didnt do this there is no other way you can block it server-side.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Wrong. If the server has forge installed it blocks them if they don't have the correct mods... So you look for the packets/checker and set it up in a plugin.

14. Dmck2b

Services Staff

....And you forget 99% of hackedclients/cheat mods don't even go near forge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fly mods/xray mods = forge

16. Dmck2b

Services Staff

• Agree Agree x 1