How to put a firewall on using multicraft? Paying you $50

Discussion in 'BungeeCord Discussion' started by kiracastle, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Hi there,

I just need some help on how to put a firewall on a server in multicraft. I have 4 servers that have been hacked and I need this ASAP and will pay the person $50 to fix it up.

Thanks
    Kira

2. md_5

Administrator Developer

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I suppose Ill be donating that to md , ill look around for somewhere to donate XD

4. There is no donate button :O ?? Ill keep trying to find it lol

5. md_5

Administrator Developer

Donations aren't open yet. Check back next week!

• Like Like x 1
  6. md_5

Administrator Developer

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. You could always just set server-ip to localhost if you are using bungee..

8. If you do not need to specifically expose one of the servers to the public for whatever reason, this will indeed work!

9. It's basically the same thing as using that plugin I think?

10. As long as none of your servers are exposed to the public (this excludes your proxy, that has to be exposed for it all to work) they cannot directly connect to any of your servers without going through your proxy, which defeats the purpose of having the plugin listed above.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yeah, there is no point in having a plugin wasting space when it can easily be done with a simple UFW/iptables rule or a modification of server.properties.

12. joehot200

Supporter

Omgomg 1mb of space on a PLUGIN! This is a disaster! :Z

In all seriousness, i agree that its better, more efficient, and more reliable using a firewall. The firewall cant break on craftbukkit updates, for example. Also plugins are often written by not the best plugin coders, and can sometimes have exploitable holes in them.

13. While it may only use 1mb of space it's still a waste of it.

14. joehot200

Supporter

Heh. True.