How to set player prefixes/suffixes without using the scoerboard? (NMS and or Packets?)

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by fujiboy4, May 4, 2017.

1. Hello. So I have been working with this scoreboard problem for a long time.
    Note:
    I am working with a sidebar with per player information and a prefix/suffix title with per player information. I have gotten the sidebar to work and the titles work fine, except since I am creating a new scoreboard for every player, it does not show the titles for any other player (except yourself). Therefore, the only resonable solution would be to use NMS or packets (I don't know if they are the same or what :p). I have heard that there is a way to do it. I think NameTagEdit has done this and I have looked through their API and have not really figured out what I need and what I don't ...

Anyone able to help me and my problem? Thanks! :)

2. NMS is not Packets. Packets is a part of nms. Packages regulate the sending of data between client and server (or bob and alice for encryption lovers).

Yes you can do it with nms and packets, but i have no time to explain it right now.

3. Packets are nms..
    Packets'class are contained in the nms package.

You are forced to use scoreboard, translated with packets if you want to add suffix or prefix

However, this is possible to set a new minecraft gameprofile and change the name to add a prefix. But there is a string length max

4. The max length is 16 characters