How to setup Pex MYSQL?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by BotPro, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Can someone explain me Pex MySQL?
    How do I set it up?
    How do I setup the permissions on each server?

2. I am having the same issue! Maybe a video could help us? Is there anyone that has a video or something of how to do it?

3. What are you placing in your config?

4. I haven't actually started using MySql because all I want is just a deep explanation on how MySql works with Permissions Ex and how to make it have different permissions for different servers and groups... etc etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. How do I setup MySQL in the first place?
    I have phpmyadmin installed if that helps?

6. You can set permissions and groups for different servers using the aliases feature, which is not mandatory to use.

Example for Survival server:
    permissions: survival_permissions
    permissions_inheritance: survival_inheritance
    permissions_entity: survival_entity

Example for Factions server:
    permissions: factions_permissions
    permissions_inheritance: factions_inheritance
    permissions_entity: factions_entity

When you have done that, just do "/pex user Lightyrow group set Owner", and you will be owner in all your servers, with different permissions for each.

For the permissions is easier, just if you want to add several number of permissions and don't want to add them using a command, you need a database convert for PEX. But you can just change the permissions using the /pex command in the desired server.

7. If you have a server host, they will provide you the information. Otherwise, use the credentials you are using for phpmyadmin.

8. Is there a way to convert my users from my factions server since I'm expanding to a network? How do I setup MySQL?

9. I'm on my own dedicated machine. Do I have to create a new database or something? If so, how?

10. I can't help you making a database on your own machine, since I use my server's host.

You can always google how to make a MySQL database.

11. Can you just guide me through? I prefer to learn. Skype - jluong52

12. Thanks, but I don't understand where to put the:

Example for Survival server:
    permissions: survival_permissions
    permissions_inheritance: survival_inheritance
    permissions_entity: survival_entity

Example for Factions server:
    permissions: factions_permissions
    permissions_inheritance: factions_inheritance
    permissions_entity: factions_entity

part.

Is this in MySql or in the Pex config? And for the permissions: survival_permissions, permissions_inheritance: survival_inheritance, is there a file for that?
    Do I actually have to edit a MySql database?

13. These names are for the MySQL tables, you don't need to edit a database.
    This is placed in PermissionsEx config.yml. Factions_permissions, factions_inheritance, and factions_entity need to be in the Factions server PEX config (of course).
    There are a lot of videos out there that can explain this much better than me-

14. The only videos I see are dutch videos.

15. Bump. Can anyone help me through Skype?

16. Hey, sorry for the late reply. If you haven't fixed this, don't hesitate to add me on Skype and ask anything about this.
    My Skype: Dvargas135