How to take the numbers off the side of a sidebar scoreboard?

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by BourneDev, Jan 1, 2017.

1. 6beb2db70aeacf0f3649f8bca71d1bd6[1].png

The scoreboard works perfectly, but a customer wants the red sidebar number gone. How do you do this? I tried google, and I also tried speaking to friends and I even tried looking for the method myself in eclipse to hide them. I don't know what to do, everyone says it is impossible. (coolio) is my test faction name.

#1 BourneDev, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. joehot200

Supporter

You can't.

3. Removing the numbers on the side would cause your sidebar to have a "flash" effect. Tell this customer that it has to be this way in order to have a proper sidebar.

4. How do you remove it with your way? Ill make it with your way and show the customer and see if he likes it. I wanna try.

5. That just made the number 0 though, it didn't take the number away.

6. Oh, NVM I was thinking of something different :p Yeah, as @joehot200 said, you can't remove those numbers.

7. Is it possible to hide the numbers?

8. JamesJ

Supporter

9. IMO if you make the score's all negative (mineplex does this) it looks a bit nicer/less invasive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. They don't?

[​IMG]

11. Ah, my bad. I think they used to? I don't really check there anymore.

12. I don't see how having negative numbers makes it 'less invasive', considering it extends the number.

13. A negative symbol is a dash. So I see it as:
    Stuff to display -1
    Something else -2

As opposed to
    Stuff to display 1
    Stuff to display 2

Again, it's just personal preference.

14. You can make it look like:

Text 1
    Another 1
    Next 1

etc. by making sc entries named with for ex. ChatColor.WHITE+ChatColor.RESET and making team named for example "scLine1"

Then set text as prefix or suffix for this team.
    And ofc set score to 1.

Scoreboard in 1.8+ will be sorted alfanumeric if all scores are the same. You can work this out and get nice effect. I have it working, so trust me :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. does it have to be numbers can you make it as an option to have dashes instead

16. Don't necro post please.