Solved How to use ParticleLibrary by DarkBlade12

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by --TOMAS--, Jun 18, 2016.

1. I haven't idea how to use this.

Code (Text):
    ParticleEffect.DRIP_WATER.display(float offsetX, float offsetY, float offsetZ, float speed, int amount, Location center, double range);
    What is offsetX, offsetY and offsetZ? Location can be a player location?

2. I'm pretty sure the offset is how mutch the particle will "expand" from the location set. And yes, the location can be the player's location.

Edit, from the documentation:
    Code (Text):

* @param offsetX Maximum distance particles can fly away from the center on the x-axis
    * @param offsetY Maximum distance particles can fly away from the center on the y-axis
    * @param offsetZ Maximum distance particles can fly away from the center on the z-axis

So yes, its the maximum distance particles can fly away from the location (for example your players location).

My edit has been sniped :x

3. * @Param offsetX Maximum distance particles can fly away from the center on the x-axis
    * @Param offsetY Maximum distance particles can fly away from the center on the y-axis
    * @Param offsetZ Maximum distance particles can fly away from the center on the z-axis

Directly from his api.

4. It isnt directly broken. You just have to change 1 line, so that the version checker support double digits

Change following, and it should work again
    Code (Text):

version = Integer.parseInt(Character.toString(PackageType.getServerVersion().charAt(3)));

to
    Code (Text):

version = Integer.parseInt(PackageType.getServerVersion().split("_")[1]);

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well, any tutorial for how to make a info scoreboard? I looked in Google, but, all are "How to make a team scoreboard"

6. ScoreboardLib: https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/scoreboardlib.11884/

It's not a tutorial but it makes it ten times easier. If you want an actual tutorial to do it with the spigot API, just google it. "How to create a scoreboard bukkit"

7. Thanks :D

8. This worked perfectly! Thanks :)

9. Because there's versions before 1.9 that I would like to support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. IIRC that method didn't change at all since 1.7.10, so it should be cross-compatible with versions before 1.9.

11. Oh I thought you were talking about the 1.9 Particle API built into spigot.

I had issues with the playEffect thing with how particles acted and such, so I use this lib.

12. ...but I'm talking about the particle API built into Spigot. (Unless Spigot added another API to it and I don't know about it)