Premium HuskTowns - Super intuitive and cross-server compatible Towny-style protection! [Paid]

Discussion in 'Resource Discussion' started by William27528, Jul 9, 2021.

1. William27528 submitted a new resource:

HuskTowns - Super intuitive and cross-server compatible Towny-style protection! - A simple bungee-compatible Towny-style protection plugin

Read more about this resource...

2. Nice alternative to Towny!
    Any reason why you can't withdraw from the Town coffers? (as stated in the video)

3. William27528 updated HuskTowns - Super intuitive and cross-server compatible Towny-style protection! with a new update entry:

HuskTowns 1.3.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Hey :) There’s no real reason per se- But since levelling is based on the amount you deposit in the coffers I figured it’d be weird if towns could “level down”. In the future I’d like to make it possible to have town taxes and possibly withdrawal from the coffers, but would need to adjust the levelling system a bit. What do you think?

5. I like the idea of levelling based on money instead of town members as it allows towns to expand on smaller servers with fewer players.
    I think having the option to switch between expansion based on town members and coffers would be nice, and when its based on town members, you get the option to withdraw cash.

Or, if that seems like its too much like Towny and you want to differentiate, maybe you could add a "Pay to level up" option instead of using the Town bank, where the same formula applies as right now, but instead its like a "Claim Shop" of sorts, where the players know their money is going to go and never come back. :LOL: Using "Coffers" or a "Town Bank" for this seems unintuitave as it might signal to players that they can get their money back down the line.

6. I agree - providing a few more options for town levelling would be nice. Currently there's a town limits system in place so that server owners can specify how much money needs to be deposited in order to reach the level - and in turn the town player cap and claim limit (indeed, the player cap limits how many players each town can hold; though this is typically of less concern than claims of course).
    It would require quite a bit of work to provide another option, plus there's a fine line between providing too many options, confusing administrators/players and keeping things intuitive and the plugin code systems simple, intuitive and maintainable.

I had a headache figuring out the word to use to describe the "dump money here hole" and settled on coffers - but I totally agree, it sort of seems like coffers can be withdrawn from. Town Bank is likewise the same. I think the solution is definitely in improving functionality instead of worrying about the name semantics. Here's what I have in mind for changing the system in the future:
    • Town level is based on a new variable; town experience. Admins can determine the methods for raising town experience:
      • By the amount of money deposited in the town coffers (as it currently is)...
      • ...multiplied by 1.05x (configurable) per member of the town
      • And provide an API method to let developers and server owners a way to give players & their towns experience.
    • Towns cannot level down; once they reach a level they stay at that level
    • However, the value of the town coffers can be optionally "taxed" daily/weekly/configurably (tax rate based on the no. of claims; towns cannot make new claims unless they have enough in the coffers to cover current tax costs.)
    • The town coffers could also possibly be withdrawn from (again, optionally) by town leaders
    In this way, I don't have to develop for two systems but rather a heavily customisable single system that I can hopefully explain and document well. But yeah, this is just vague future plans, nothing concrete.

7. William27528 updated HuskTowns - Super intuitive and cross-server compatible Towny-style protection! with a new update entry:

HuskTowns 1.4 - Plot system overhaul, claim using /map & more

8. William27528 updated HuskTowns - Super intuitive and cross-server compatible Towny-style protection! with a new update entry:

HuskTowns 1.4.1 - Bug fixes