I have this timings paste. But what is causing the lag?

Discussion in 'Performance Tweaking' started by ZwPBerserk, Aug 15, 2013.

1. externo6

Supporter

Mobs are causing the issue, look on the right colomb it tells you what its doing. The % is how much time is been spent on that task.
    Try reducing some settings in your spigot.yml (id link you to a guide but on my phone. Look through the wiki)

Also whats your hardware?

2. joehot200

Supporter

While i agree that the mobs are causing lag, there is actually not much lag caused by it anyways. You probably just got a bad server ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I got a 64 slot server with 3gb ram.
    Its probably not the best, but i have this server for almost 2 years..
    It was playing fine with 60 people before.. Now i get these lags with only 10 people online.

Also i rent a server somewhere.. how can i see the system details?

And the server runs fine for a few hours... without any lag at all. And then suddenly it goes to 9tps...

To what should i set these spigot settings to make it run better? Or what can i do to improve this?

4. joehot200

Supporter

Whats the CPU? Ram is pretty much irellevant.

5. externo6

Supporter

The CPU is most likely shared between other servers. You may not even have the relevelt privalages to access that information. I suggest contacting your host?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. On the website it says this:

Intel XEON x3450 4 x 2.66 Ghz
    250 GB Harddrive
    250 GB Harddrive
    2 GB RAM
    100 Mbps Uplink
    2 TB Transfer
    1 IPv4 Addresses

7. joehot200

Supporter

2.66GHZ is unusually low, but a friend on 2.5Ghz is holding almost 40 people before lag starts :/

8. externo6

Supporter

Are you on shared hosting or dedicated?

9. I think its a shared hosting. I only pay 20 euro a month.

What kinda machine do i need to get reasonable results (probably on a shared hosting).

10. externo6

Supporter

I unfortunately have no experience with shared hosting. Although OVH do a cheep deal (dedicated hosting) : http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml < KS 16
    You may have to search for your country though, thats the UK site.

11. This is where i host now:
    http://qooz.io/minecraft/

But besides changing to another hosting.
    What can i do to improve performance?

Because in 1.5 and earlier i could handle 60 players without lag..

12. externo6

Supporter

Unfortunately cant really suggest much more other than switching to a more powerful dedi. In 1.6 zombies where changed which put a drastic load on the CPU

13. Hi, i found a hosting that is doing it for 2 euro more which also adds a ssd disk.

The machine is a:
    i7-3770K
    with 3,5gb ram.

Would that help? And is that a much better system then the system i got now?