Solved I keep getting the error The POM for org.spigotmc:spigot:jar:1.16.5-R0.1-SNAPSHOT is missing

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Development' started by Megamanoioi, Jun 11, 2021.

1. I keep getting the error The POM for org.spigotmc:spigot:jar:1.16.5-R0.1-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency information available, and I am trying to compile a plugin, but it keeps giving that error, this is all the files and things: https://github.com/WispRecreationProject/WispBlockMultiply I did not make this by the way

2. SteelPhoenix

You have to run BuildTools for those artifacts to get installed in your local maven repository

3. What do you mean? I do not get it, I am bad at these things.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Download BuildTools, place it in an empty folder, double-click it, let it finish. Reload your Maven dependencies and then poof, it should work.

5. What exactly don‘t you understand in the term „run BuildTools“?

6. I got it now he explained it to me.

7. It still does not work, I ran build tools in a different folder on my desktop, it made a bunch of files but the when I try to build it, it gives the same error with also this error too:
    Could not find artifact org.spigotmc:spigot:pom:1.16.5-R0.1-SNAPSHOT in spigotmc-repo (https://hub.spigotmc.org/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/)

8. Did BuildTools run successfully? Also did you build 1.16.5? Please look whether you have the spigot 1.16.5 .jar file in your ~/.m2/org/spigotmc folder

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ok I got it now, it works fine thanks for the help, and also how do I close it?

10. Maybe you might wanna explain what the problem was in case someone else has the same problem^^

11. Well I just installed the buildtools, ran it in a folder and then it just worked!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah that's what BuildTools is for :D You can edit your original post and select "Solved" as prefix if you got everything working now :)