I need a plugin that fixes Mojangs Scoreboard namechange bug

Discussion in 'Spigot Plugin Help' started by Cmod31, Jul 11, 2021.

1. I hope this is possible or already existing but i'm searching for something maybe a plugin that makes Scorboards UUID based and not username based.
    I think its a serious issue that has to be handled somehow but mojang just doesn't care and says its a "feature" that has to be added and not a bug that has to be solved.
    https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-50247

2. i think thats also an issue for teams and some other things but i just tested scoreboards

3. It's a Minecraft error and we can't do anything about it.

4. The Vanilla Minecraft's scoreboard tracks player stats using the player's name as the identifier for a player. There's no way a plugin can change that behaviour. Your best option is to use a plugin that **replaces** the vanilla scoreboard for all players and tracks all kinds of stats itself.

5. But isn't it also possible to save/backup the scoreboard values and when a namechange happened a plugin reapplies them automatically like i'm doing manually right now?

6. Yes this is possible, but it's not going to work 100% of the time. A plugin can request the old usernames of a player when they join, and check whether one of those names is in the scoreboard, and if yes - move all the stats over to the new name.
    This will break however when a player namechanges and doesn't log back in, but later the username gets taken by a new account.
    In order to minimize breakages for edge cases like these, the plugin should still save the scores in its own config and store them by uuid.

• Agree Agree x 1